• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good graphics benchmarking programs?

ProfessorKaos64

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
1,256
I know of Futuremark, and its predecessors, but what else is there? I like looking at the insane rendering :D
 
Crysis flythroughs, good for testing gaming stability if set to say 10+ runs through.
 
Anymore? I gotta try the donut thing soon :D

What are some good scores for the ones mentioned above? I have an 8800 gtx
 
careful with the donut....its a card killer.

that 8800GTX just might not make it to the end......:)
 
is that a sarcastic response, or can furmark literally damage your card?

i've heard it gets cards hotter than anything else out there. tried it on my 5770 and was hitting 82C. don't want to be wearing out my brand new card just to look at a fuzzy donut!
 
is that a sarcastic response, or can furmark literally damage your card?

i've heard it gets cards hotter than anything else out there. tried it on my 5770 and was hitting 82C. don't want to be wearing out my brand new card just to look at a fuzzy donut!

I have seen a few people say it killed their card....now just to be fair, they were probably on the way out anyway....
Ive run it a few times...I don't know that I would make a habit out of it....is a pretty demanding program.
 
can donut really kill it?

OK I didn't mean to scare anyone away from furmark....BUT....its a pretty harsh program.....and it puts a heavy load on your GPU....a load that your not likely to ever see in everyday applications ....so yeah, it has the potential to kill your stuff .
 
I just ran Furmark, donut one, 2228, max temp came to 67 C, 1680X1050 ( my native rez). Max frames: 49

My card is still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D now on to those other ones...but man that donut was cool
 
I just ran Furmark, donut one, 2228, max temp came to 67 C, 1680X1050 ( my native rez). Max frames: 49

My card is still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D now on to those other ones...but man that donut was cool
keep running it and see what happens. :D
 
OK I didn't mean to scare anyone away from furmark....BUT....its a pretty harsh program.....and it puts a heavy load on your GPU....a load that your not likely to ever see in everyday applications ....so yeah, it has the potential to kill your stuff .


it does have the ability to kill it but to add onto what you said.. a lot of times its because either some one failed miserably to put their heatsink and VRM heatsinks on correctly or it was screwed by the factory.. the program really shouldnt kill any cards because they are suppose to be designed to protect themselves if they get to hot but there is the chance of the temps rising to quickly for it to take effect.. ive run it on all of my cards.. 8800GT's, gtx 260.. they ran it fine..
 
Back
Top