Good gaming headphones around $150

I too am looking for a good 3d positional sound headset for gaming. My first pair were some Soundlink Medusas and they were absolutely awesome. They were heavy though and I broke them knocking them off my desk. I replaced them and the second pair developed stress fractures at the earcup connection to the head band and so I gave up on their product, just wouldn't last for the cost.

I just ordered some HyperX Clouds but messed up and had ordered the stereo version instead of the surround sound ones. I have corrected that and they are on the way. What I saw from the others looked good, we'll see.

I came across these today.
Ossic X 3D Audio Headphones To Bring Extra Immersion To VR
Unfortunately they are not available until next year (still on kickstarter).
I imagine they wont be an audiophile dream, but for 3D including up/down, they could be a reckoner.

The XFI SBZ actually does a good job of that already. Even with my crappy smason sr850s I get good up down and all around. Hell, with my speakers, I get sounds all over the room. I hear people running above me, behind me, wherever. That is just in stereo w/ SBX Pro Studio enabled.

Op, I ordered the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm for gaming with a VR headset.
They should be around your price range (they are £100 UK, but that includes 20% tax).
Reviews are excellent for the price.
I can report back on the quality if you are interested.

The AD900x will be more comfortable than the other two you suggested BY FAR. You'll love them. If you compare them directly with a bass heavy headphone yeah you'll notice the difference. If not I don't think you will care about the "lack" of bass. For the money i'd get these.

Op, I ordered the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm for gaming with a VR headset.
They should be around your price range (they are £100 UK, but that includes 20% tax).
Reviews are excellent for the price.
I can report back on the quality if you are interested.

What did you think of them? Always wanted a set, but no stores to try things at around here without driving for 1.5 -3 hours.

What did you think of them? Always wanted a set, but no stores to try things at around here without driving for 1.5 -3 hours.
Soz, I ended up cancelling them because they were to replace the Vive VR headsets naff in ear phones.
But its being returned so I dont have the need now.

Back