• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

good gaming controller for PC?

ds-

Gawd
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
535
Whats a good gaming controller for PC?

I'm thinking the PS2 style controller would be best.
This Logitech Dual Action Gamepad looks good, does anyone own or have tried this? Any good?

I saw some microsoft ones, but they don't look like they are very friendly to hold on to.

Any other game pads that is good to look into?
Using this mainly for sports game, and some emulator games.
 
Eh, I would just get the dual shock 2 ones for ps2, and grab a PS2 - USB adapter for $7 off ebay.
 
Originally posted by DrunKBunny
Eh, I would just get the dual shock 2 ones for ps2, and grab a PS2 - USB adapter for $7 off ebay.

Will there be any problems with driver issues?

The Saitek P3000 doesn't look too bad, but I hate using battries, I never have any laying around when I need it. What about the P2500, it looks pretty much the same, except its not wireless.
 
i have the dual action giving me serious problems with nhl 2004. calibration is all freaky for some reason going right just shuts off u can't use the dpad in any games for movement only options and crap, trying to move in circles is impossible as the calibration makes it all jaggy. worked good the first few weeks and is comfortable but sucks now i threw it and it wouldn't break. also the the left thumb button is made like crap the rubber is peeling away from the form making it look all worn out. Grade: C-/D
 
Originally posted by Qwertyman
i have the dual action giving me serious problems with nhl 2004. calibration is all freaky for some reason going right just shuts off u can't use the dpad in any games for movement only options and crap, trying to move in circles is impossible as the calibration makes it all jaggy. worked good the first few weeks and is comfortable but sucks now i threw it and it wouldn't break. also the the left thumb button is made like crap the rubber is peeling away from the form making it look all worn out. Grade: C-/D

I read some reviews and they said that they lost calibration pretty often too. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend a few more $ for something more reliable and long lasting. Would logitech replace the controller?
 
P3000 provides cordless gaming in a gamepad barely larger than Saitek's wired alternatives thanks to the Docking Station, which acts as a self-presenting stand and simple charging unit, and rechargeable Nickel Hydride power packs (two are included).

wow I see that it comes with 2 batteries, and the docking station also charges the batteries. Really nice feature. I'm leaning towards this thing now.
 
Originally posted by ds-
That looks hard to use for sports game and such
for regular pc games like FPS, I like using my keyboard

Yessir, you are correct, but I'm gaming on my laptop at the moment and wanted to use that as a crutch to try something new. So far I like it.
 
Originally posted by Kortiz
Belkin Nostormo speedpad N52.


Just received mine last night!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/game/200403061/

You can find a sweet deal on this thing in the [H]otDeals forum at the moment. Buy.com sells it for $24.23 shipped.

As far as usuing a Playstation Dual Shock controller, I've done this and it works great--analog sticks and all. Radio Shack sells a nice USB adapter as well if you don't want to go eGay.
 
Originally posted by Thrash
As far as usuing a Playstation Dual Shock controller, I've done this and it works great--analog sticks and all. Radio Shack sells a nice USB adapter as well if you don't want to go eGay.

So using the adapter with a ps2 controller won't have any problems with drivers and stuff? Works well with all games that a regular controller made for PC does? If so I might have to get this. I'm assuming it doesn't come with software and stuff cause its just a ps2 controller
 
Originally posted by ds-
So using the adapter with a ps2 controller won't have any problems with drivers and stuff? Works well with all games that a regular controller made for PC does? If so I might have to get this. I'm assuming it doesn't come with software and stuff cause its just a ps2 controller

Nope--no drivers. Plug and play all the way. I don't notice any performance difference between my Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad (awesome pad, BTW) and my Dual Shock. Give it a go!

Oh, I would recommend buying a used dual shock. You'll save a lot of cash that way.
 
Originally posted by Thrash
Nope--no drivers. Plug and play all the way. I don't notice any performance difference between my Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad (awesome pad, BTW) and my Dual Shock. Give it a go!

Oh, I would recommend buying a used dual shock. You'll save a lot of cash that way.

ya I think I'm gonna borrow my cousin's PS2 controller to test it out first (maybe even keep it :p )
 
Originally posted by Thrash
You can find a sweet deal on this thing in the [H]otDeals forum at the moment. Buy.com sells it for $24.23 shipped.

As far as usuing a Playstation Dual Shock controller, I've done this and it works great--analog sticks and all. Radio Shack sells a nice USB adapter as well if you don't want to go eGay.


I got it from Dell for ~33bucks. 27.44 or something like that and then 5.50 shipping. I got it in 2 days....not bad for 3-5 day shipping.

So far I'm extremely happy with it. I needed something better than this laptop keyboard...and wanted to be fancy about it...so far it's been a great purchase.
 
I've had some pretty good results with the NyKo AirFlo controller for PC. I used it through the whole game of NFS:U, Colin McRae 04 Demo, etc... Pretty good controller, plus its got fans for sweaty hands :D .
 
Well with most newer versions of Windows it should be just plug and play (I use Win2k), but mine came with a driver floppy anyways. I would grab one of those 2 port adapters, and don't bother with the controllers they usually package with many of these, they are 3rd party and the analog sticks bork up in a week.
 
Originally posted by Thrash
Nope--no drivers. Plug and play all the way. I don't notice any performance difference between my Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad (awesome pad, BTW) and my Dual Shock. Give it a go!

Oh, I would recommend buying a used dual shock. You'll save a lot of cash that way.

I just got 3 original dual shocks on clearance at Amazon for $10 a pop, as long as you don't mind the fruity clear colors. I got the Dual Shock 2 from them for $19. Now If I could only straighten out my order from www.lik-san.com for the Joybox 5 4-port usb adapter I would have an awesome party setup for emulators and a great controller for pc games with the DS2's pressure sensitive buttons.
 
Back
Top