• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good gamepad?

Dagis

n00b
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
49
Started to play Final Fantasy XI, and I'm trying to find a good gamepad, as no stores I've found have had an adapter that plugs a dual shock playstation controller into a usb port.

Any gamepad that you particularly enjoy?
 
Best buy has some good deals on them.

If you dont need "shock" Then they have a 9.99 dual analog ps2 rip off. Works pretty well. From there it just goes up. But you should be able to pick up a decent for around 20 bucks.
 
I love my nostromo 50 game pad that I have had for a year and I just bought the Nostromo 52. It has a few extra buttons that will come in handy playing COD....w00t!. Both models provide a nice thumb control button that lets you have better control after you get used to it.
 
I like the gamepads from Saitek. I would say they are probably the best. The Saitek P3000 is wireless and works really good.
 
Hmm seems like if you can find an adaptor you can play with any console controller you prefer.

*runs off to scour the net for a NES->PC adaptor*

Ahhh NES and SNES bring back good memorys of long afternoons staring at the TV :).
 
Originally posted by burningrave101
Hmm seems like if you can find an adaptor you can play with any console controller you prefer.

*runs off to scour the net for a NES->PC adaptor*


That would be l33t for playing old NES roms.
 
www.levelsix.com usually has good deals on dual shock to usb adaptors. Otherwise if you want to go to the x-box route its pretty simple process of cutting a usb cable and electrical taping or soldering the wires to a xbox controller or extension cable. You can find out how to do it if you google for it. Its quite simple usually just matching colors.
 
Just get a PSX to USB adaptor for your PC. You can use your Dualshock 2 controller for the PC. Great for all sorts of gaming. A big plus if you already have a PS2 or a PS1 controller.
 
Back
Top