Good Flying Game?

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
I haven't played a good flying game in a really long time. I'm talking about action flying games, ie X Wing, not simulators.

Are there any good options out there?

There's one out on Steam... can't for the life of me remember. Looks a LOT like Crimson Skies.

Oh,, and Crimson Skies is good. An oldie, but great story and action if you can get it.

Looking for just a game or a Flight Sim ? My Favorite Flight Sim of all time is IL2 Sturmovick.

OP said he wasn't looking for a sim.

Have you played Hawx? I thought it was alright, I played through co-op with a friend and enjoyed it.

There's one out on Steam... can't for the life of me remember. Looks a LOT like Crimson Skies.

Oh,, and Crimson Skies is good. An oldie, but great story and action if you can get it.

Really Crimson Skies is appreciated these days? Guess I'll have to bust out my old CD. :p

Really Crimson Skies is appreciated these days? Guess I'll have to bust out my old CD. :p

There is simply no better action flying game on the PC than Crimson Skies. I am actually thinking to buy it again (had bought, then ebayed years ago, time to buy again) just because there is absolutely nothing like it out there and sadly Crimson Skies 2 are mainly old and unfounded rumors.

if you just want a flying game check out H.A.W.X.. not very realistic but the story line is actually pretty good.. online play is completely dead though but its been a while since ive played the game..

For me anyways the "flying game" I had the most fun in "recently" is Battlefield 2. It just felt like you were flying apart of a war/battle.

I hope they somehow stick the AC-130 into BF3. I heard they added this to HAWX 2, might get 1/2 if they have a bundle sale on Steam during christmas or something.

For something in space check out Freespace 1/2 (loved the scale in these games, capital ships/fighters). Freelancer. Though I don't know what your time frame is, since you did use X-wing as the example.

Wings of Prey?

Agreed, Crimson Skies was great! I bought an MS force feedback joystick just for that game. Good times.

Wings of Prey?

Agreed, Crimson Skies was great! I bought an MS force feedback joystick just for that game. Good times.

Id recommend Wings of Prey as a suitable bridge to sim/arcade.
Hawx is straight up arcade that supports lotso flight stick setups. If you are into tie fighter/xwing etc, i think Hawx is probably the best modern title to go with.

Wings of Prey does offer a nice taste of what a fun arcade turned into sim ww2 fighter can be though.

Back