Good file/folder compare utility?

imzjustplayin

[H]ard|Gawd
Using Windows 95, I'm trying to figure out why a certain installation has a particular issue while the other doesn't. I've copied most of the files from the defective install and the issue won't crop up on the other install.

(Basically I moved the install from the C: to the D drive, when I type Command In RUN, it would say "Command not found in c:\windows\" or something of the sort.. So I'm trying to find out which file is the cause of all of this.

I don't quite follow you.... maybe if you posted the actual error the broken install is giving you, someone might have a direct fix for that.

the problem is, it isn't quite an official error because I specifically caused it.

I literally moved the Windows Install folder from the C drive to the D drive, change as many references as I could find in the registry and windows files referring to the C drive to the D drive, changed the config files etc. in the root to reference Windows in the D drive. Most if not all things worked, except....

If I went Start->Run->Command, I'd get an error saying it couldn't find command.com in C:\windows when it's suppose to say D:\windows.

I don't think there were any other problems besides that but it was a big enough issue for me to want to find an answer to it.

the problem is, it isn't quite an official error because I specifically caused it.

I literally moved the Windows Install folder from the C drive to the D drive, change as many references as I could find in the registry and windows files referring to the C drive to the D drive, changed the config files etc. in the root to reference Windows in the D drive. Most if not all things worked, except....

If I went Start->Run->Command, I'd get an error saying it couldn't find command.com in C:\windows when it's suppose to say D:\windows.

I don't think there were any other problems besides that but it was a big enough issue for me to want to find an answer to it.

Did you update the system path settings?

Is that Local Machine->software->microsoft->Windows->Current Version?

Nope.

Look in the autoexec.bat file on the root of your drive. Sometimes in the config.sys file too, but but anything in autoexec.bat will overide anything in config.sys.

Nope.

Look in the autoexec.bat file on the root of your drive. Sometimes in the config.sys file too, but but anything in autoexec.bat will overide anything in config.sys.
oh yeah, yes those obviously have been changed otherwise I wouldn't have been able to boot at all.

Back