Good/Favorite/Best Windows Mobile 6.1 Phone

eastpetersen

Limp Gawd
My company just released a nice set of mobile apps that really make my job easier but they only work on windows mobile 6.1 phones. Is there any really good 6.1 phone? A lot of them look decent but all seem to have a couple flaws and a bit sluggish at times. I like the samsung epix or saga, but I'm warming up to the htc touch/fuze, or are there better alternatives. This is for a mainly business purpose, so word docs, calendars and such come before mp3 video. I currently have a blackberry 8310 and a nokia n95 and am very happy with both. I'm open to unlocked phones, not too expensive though, and am looking at verizon or att but prefer att.

HTC Fuze is your best bet. Or if you can hold off till this summer the new HTC Touch Pro2 will be out, with a free upgrade to winmo 6.5

I have the Sprint Touch Pro, it fits the bill. I'm happy with it so far, except battery life isn't great.

Yeah, the Touch Pro/Fuze's battery sucks pretty badly. The Treo Pro is really nice, but you'd have to get it unlocked and without a discount. Palm has it for $499 on sale on their site right now.

I've used it for the past 2 months with Sprint as an "advocate", basically they give me a pre-release version to show off to customers and educate my coworkers. The battery works well, the device is fast (same 528Mhz dual core as the touch pro), and it gets the job done.

Thanks for the info, I think with the battery I might not get the htc or wait until the touch 2 comes out. The treo looked pretty good but the 500 price tag is just too much for me to justify, it doesn't seem to be that much better to warrant the extra 2-3 hundred dollars I would pay over the samsung epixm has anyone used the winmo 6.1 samsung phones, I'm leaning towards them because the interface(keypad) seemed similar to my blackberry and it had a built in stylus that would lock the phone

The touch pro is your best current option. The battery is fine, how long it lasts as always depends on what you use it for. I think a lot of people forget you tend to use a PDA for more then a phone (constant email syncing, games on the toilet, surfing the web while waiting) thereby draining the battery a lot more often then some basic phone. Get in the habit of plugging it in regularly, this is pretty easy since you can even just charge it via USB cable. The alternative is some bigass battery sticking out from the back 12 inches, and I'd rather just plug in more often then have that.

Love my Treo Pro. Though I do recommend the invisible shield full body or something similar if you get it. The thing shows fingerprints and scratches like no other device I've seen lol.

Thanks for the info, I think with the battery I might not get the htc or wait until the touch 2 comes out. The treo looked pretty good but the 500 price tag is just too much for me to justify, it doesn't seem to be that much better to warrant the extra 2-3 hundred dollars I would pay over the samsung epixm has anyone used the winmo 6.1 samsung phones, I'm leaning towards them because the interface(keypad) seemed similar to my blackberry and it had a built in stylus that would lock the phone

The battery isnt that bad, with me watching youtube videos, streaming Last.FM, web browsing, music listening, calling a couple people and txting, i get around 5 hours a day, but usually my phone lasts all day and sometimes the next day too without charging I think you would rather be fine with it!

The HTC touch pro is a great phone, but not so much of a user friendly phone. I think all the WM phones have bad batttery life.

Wow where do you guys come from. As if all WinMo phones are identical and none of them are as easy to use or as customizable as windows.

I got the Omnia and its a nice phone with a good price. I paid 150 with a contract and that went down to 80 after rebates. The interface works well and I have had good battery life.

i had a tilt and i loved it, i would recommend the fuze as it is the updated tilit.

I can say that 1 week with my iphone 3g and WM needs to get its s*** together. the OS on the iphone is much cleaner and the the screen is sooo much more resposive

touch pro 2 is ugly! I'm fine with my htc touch (yeah not pro) i'm trying to decide between htc touch pro (verizon version ewwwwww) or the blackberry storm.

I'd go Fuze probably. Not a huge fan of WMo in general though, or resistive touch screens.

+1 for Touch Pro

I actually have pretty good battery life (usually a day and a 1/2). I haven't had any issues with the phone, it's such a huge upgrade from my old Mogul.

Back