Good fan with blue lights?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
15,461
Must have blue lights, 120mm. I ran a 45.5dB Panaflo, but it was so loud that I eventaully pulled it out and wrote it off as a loss. Running some 22dB/42CFM Cooler-Master fans now, and I can't even hear them. I would like something that moves more air than these Cooler-Masters, but not as loud as the Panaflo. Anything in the range of 30-35dB would be good.

Just for grins. The Cooler-Masters are green, in the front 2 slots of my Antec P180. I want blue fans in the top and back. I'm going for the McIntosh stereo look, black and silver with blue and green lights. The front I do not care about moving air, as my hard drives stay relatively cool. My back fans though, are positioned directly behind and above my Zalman HSF. I will be overclocking, so I would like to move a decent ammount of air, but nothing extreme (3.6GHz tops on the overclock).
 
i could say aero cool, i have a blue 120mm one in my case, pretty quiet. i'll post a pic in a lil bit
 
p10100076zb.jpg
 
Try the SilenX LED fans. They do push more than the Coolermasters while remaining pretty quiet. Kinda expensive though...
 
sac_tagg said:
Ah yes, thank ye very much. The fan seems to be more purple than blue, is this the case?

nein, i think that is just with the camera. i noticed that also after i looked at the picture.
 
Thanks Jackal, that helps mucho.

About the SilenX. HOLY CRAP! The Pro series claim to move 64CFM at 14dBA? And the LED series moves 58CFM at 14dBA?!? Woah, surely they are being overoptimistic in their rating, yes?
 
sac_tagg said:
Thanks Jackal, that helps mucho.

About the SilenX. HOLY CRAP! The Pro series claim to move 64CFM at 14dBA? And the LED series moves 58CFM at 14dBA?!? Woah, surely they are being overoptimistic in their rating, yes?
They are, its more like 20-23 dba but thats quiet for how much air it pushes....I know someone will shoot down the idea of some silenx's soon ;)
 
~GoaT~ said:
They are, its more like 20-23 dba but thats quiet for how much air it pushes....I know someone will shoot down the idea of some silenx's soon ;)

Although their specs are off, the SilenX fans push more air than the Coolermasters and IMO there is a bit less fan motor noise. I've used both.

The Thermaltakes are also a "pretty" blue, and push some serious air, but are seriously loud.
 
Back
Top