• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good fan for SP-94?

Shadowman9876

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
220
I want to get a good heatsink like the thermalright sp-94, but I dont want to use a fan that will shatter my windows when I turn on my computer. I was thinking about one of the silenx 92mm 14db fans with the rating of 36 cfm. Is such a good heatsink worth using and spending the money on with a fan like this. Any other suggestions?I want to keep my comp as quiet as possible.
 
just get a decent fan with decent CFM. That HS will do one of two things.

1 - Keep a non overclocked system cool with low noise.
2 - Keep an overclocked system cool with normal noise.

If you are going for #1, then you should be fine.
If you are going for #2, then get one with more CFM.

Just depends whether or not you will OC.
 
*shrugs*

92mm tornado

soon enough you wont be able to hear anything anyways

try to find a 92mm fan taht pushes around 55-60 cfm
 
Get the 92mm Tornado and use a fan controller to adjust the fan speed.
 
Having a high CFM fan really doesn't make that big of a difference in getting higher overclocks. A nice quiet panaflo or vantec stealth would do just fine for overclocking with that heatsink.
 
I agree I have the sp-94 and I got the tornado with a fan controller and I only spin the fan at 2500rpm and it keeps my cpu nice and cool.
 
I would suggest the Panaflo medium speed 92mm, just like the one in my sig. Top quality, low noise and good airflow. I got mine from sidewindercomputers. They come with the tail and RPM tach output.

Para
 
Back
Top