Good fan for Abit AG8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiraides

[H]F Junkie
I want to start overclocking my current rig -- see sig -- but I can't seem to find a good air-cooled solution to do it with. Right now, I don't have the time nor that much money to dump into this project, so watercooling is out. I tried putting in one of the Zalman CNPS-7000Cu fans on it when I first built the computer, but it wouldn't fit properly, even with the LGA775 adapter.

Right now everything is stock (two 92mm case fans, the Intel fan on my processor, and the stock fan on my video card) and with the case on, my processor runs at around 40 C idle, but picks up to over 50 C -- often around 55c -- when it's doing even the slightest amount of work. I would like a air-cooled solution that could fit in my AG8 motherboard without any problems. However, if someone was able to fit one of the Zalman fans on there, how did you do it?

*BUMP*

In my rush to get to work yesterday, I forgot to give you more specifics on my case and cooling setup. First, using the ABIT uGuru program that's part of the mobo package, my processor usually runs between 45C-55C with an occasional jump into the low 60s when it's under full load. Right now, I'm currently using an Antec CS200B minitower case and an Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU. The case has two fan slots: one 80mm intake slot underneath the removable HDD cage in front (I "ghetto-rigged" a 92mm fan in there, and was planning on removing the drive cage so I could add a 120mm fan later) and an exhaust slot in the back of the case (that can accept either an 80mm or a 92mm fan -- I currently have a 92mm fan there). I was thinking about getting a new cooler for my video card as well as for the processor, and was also planning on a 120mm intake fan to the side of my case and an 80mm exhaust fan on top.

Part II to follow....

Part II

Here is the motherboard I am using right now:

ag8_lg.jpg

Because of the chips that are near the processor, the LGA775 adapter for the Zalman CNPS-7000Cu fan wasn't able to fit properly, even when I tried to rotate it to fit. Any suggestions (either on fans that can fit the board or ways to fit the Zalman fan onto the processor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back