• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good fan controller

Silent Assasin

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
1,120
So, i'm in need of a good fan controller. After installing water cooling several weeks ago, now i'm looking for a quiter PC.... The 120mm fans on my radiator are my biggest concern. Since they are pretty much out int he open, completely exposed out of the case they make a fare bit of sound. Currently I'm using a very cheep 3 speed switch that I got for free from CompuUSA but I would really prefer something like a knob that I can adjust to whatever frequancy I want it at. I also need to order a couple of 120mm fan grills and a PCI - USB2.0 hub and so I'd like to order everything from the same website if possible, and so far, Newegg is the best/cheapest site that has all three, so something from there would be best. After looking around for a bit I found the Zalman ZM-MFC1 and I do know that Zalman doesn't skimp on cooling, not to mention that I think it would look pretty sweet in my new custom case, only downside is that it's a little more then $30 after shipping, but then again, after looking at some other controllers, such as Vantec, $30 doesn't seem too bad..... The next one that I was looking at is the Thermaltake XCon but after reading several reviews, I was dettered by the popping resisters. I plan on turning them down quite a bit for the most part to keep down noise levels, and that didn't sound to good. But for nearly half the price of the Zalman, I am looking at it.

Anybody else have a good suggestion as far as 5.25" bay fan controllers?

Edit: I should also say that I plan on using a 3 pin Y-adapter on 2 seperate controls, possibly 3 or even all 4. This is so that I can keep my intake and outtake fans on my radiator exactly the same speed. If it's possible I will throw on 2 more Y-adapters to my case intake/outake fans, but i'm not nearly as worried about those being different....
 
30 shipped isn't all that unreasonable. Just pick whichever one fits/looks best with your case.
 
SpoogeMonkey said:
This Nexxus controller is on sale @ frozen cpu for $9.99 and it comes with 2 12" blue ccfls. Very good price.

nm, I do believe this will do..... Usually frozen is like 10% more expensive. But 20 bucks off this thing as compared to newegg and tiger, It might actually add up for the difference in grills, along with a wider selection.
 
Back
Top