Good Deal?

After hours of browsing for monitors, I think I found the right one but would like to know if this is a good deal for a new monitor - is it worth the 275?

*NEW* 21" SONY CPD-G520 FLAT SCREEN TRINITRON Monitor -White- oem HP P1130 0.24mm, 2048 x 1536
for $275
http://www.accurateit.com/details.asp?iid=121

-Manufacturer: Sony Corp
-Tube Type: Super Fine Pitch™ FD Trinitron tube, 21" (55 cm); L-SAGIC (Low Voltage Small Aperture Grille with Impregnated Cathode) electron gun; DQL (Dynamic Quadrupole Lens) and MALS (Multi-Astigmatism Lens System) with EFEAL (Extended Field Elliptical Aperture Lens) dynamic focus systems; Hi-Con and AR screen coatings (high contrast, anti-reflection/antistatic)
-Dot Pitch: 0.24 mm
-Viewable Size: 19.8"
-HSCAN: 30-130Khz
-VSCAN: 50-170Hz
-Resolution: 1920 x 1440 85Hz, 2048 x 1536 max
-MultiSync, PC compatible
-Platforms: Mac and PC
-Signal Input: 2 x VGA
-Power Supply: 100-260VAC
-Dimension: 19.7 x 19.6 x 19.3 in
-On-Screen Controls: Size & positioning, Contrast, Brightness, Moiré correction, Tilt, Selectable color temperature, Orthogonality, Degauss, Convergence, Reset

I had a G420S, and my buddy had a G520... I was actually quite disappointed with the monitors. Every FD Trinitron Sony monitor I have bought has had discoloration in the corners (purchased in retail stores locally and online from Newegg and such, it's a constant factor), and the canons never aligned as well as I would've liked... Text would be slightly blurry due to very subtle AG misalignment, color was inconsistent... I even owned an E400 right before the G420S and it was the same way. As was his G520. Not to mention a number of other FD Trinitron displays I saw (a 17" Viewsonic FDT-based display I have, however, is perfect)... I don't know, I'd look around for something better. I used to love Sony's vertically-flat displays, but their FDs aren't too great.

Back