• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good deal on Macbook Pro?

rohan23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
346
I just got a used 2008 Macbook Pro.

Specs:
2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo 6MB L2 Cache
3GB DDR2
512MB 8600M GT
650GB Hard Drive at 5,400RPM
17 inch screen.

Worth it? He gave me a free Speck case and all of the discs that came with it. I even got a copy of 10.6.
 
Last edited:
That's pretty nice for a 17" MBP, not to mention with a 650 gig drive and 3 gigs of RAM. It may just be me, but I think I would have trouble laying down $1100 for anything used.
 
Wow awesome deal! What condition is it in? Did you see?
 
Yeah, it's currently with me. It's absolutely flawless. I can't seem to find a single imperfection on this thing. No dead pixels on the screen and the keyboard isn't even that worn in yet. The guy said he barely used it. He keeps getting a bunch of these from his work for free. I never realized how loud the speakers are on the older ones than the ones that just came out.
 
Sadly, there is no Applecare. I am going to buy it from a 3rd party website when I get a chance. Anyone know of any good ones? He did give me a guarantee for a while.
 
Run the serial number on Apple's support site to see if you can still do AppleCare.
 
That's pretty nice for a 17" MBP, not to mention with a 650 gig drive and 3 gigs of RAM. It may just be me, but I think I would have trouble laying down $1100 for anything used.

Used Macs hold their value well...that's a good deal.
 
Yeah, that's very good price even without an AppleCare warranty.
 
Back
Top