• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good deal at Newegg?

Yes, that's a pretty hot deal. Of course it is a Newegg Shellshocker, so grab it quick. Price only lasts another few hours.

I do wonder what happened to the other two SATA ports though. The chipset should have six SATA 6G ports, but MSI only implemented 4 and has no eSATA.
 
The chipset probably supports 6 ports, but there's not really room to cram another 2 ports on there (at least on some of em). IIRC the most any ITX Zacate board has was 5 and I think those were utilizing right angled ports. The rest were 4.
 
The chipset probably supports 6 ports, but there's not really room to cram another 2 ports on there (at least on some of em). IIRC the most any ITX Zacate board has was 5 and I think those were utilizing right angled ports. The rest were 4.

Negative.. The Asus had 5 & they were not right angled.. That board also crams wifi onboard.. The simple reason why the MSI doesn't have all 6 is because its cheaper not to.. Same with wifi or any other feature that some boards have & others do not..

Also keep in mind that at 95 bucks this MSI is like 80 bucks cheaper then the asus was.
 
Negative.. The Asus had 5 & they were not right angled.. That board also crams wifi onboard.. The simple reason why the MSI doesn't have all 6 is because its cheaper not to.. Same with wifi or any other feature that some boards have & others do not..

Also keep in mind that at 95 bucks this MSI is like 80 bucks cheaper then the asus was.
still, the vast majority only implement 4.

I jumped on this deal as soon as I saw it. Its 22$ cheaper than the next cheapest boards (ASrock/Sapphire) when you take out the cost of shipping. I'd bet the fan on this thing is kind of noisy, but I'm sure that can be remedied
 
I picked up one of the Sapphire boards for a few bucks more at Amazon because I had some leftover gift card funds. A noisy fan is one of my worries. Haven't tried it yet, however.
 
Back
Top