Good cooler for Ryzen 1600?

harmattan

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking for a decent cooler that is a step above the stock cooler for Ryzen 1600. While the wraith spire cooler does a decent job (better than any other stock cooler I've owned), I'm looking to lower my temps a bit. It's been darn near impossible finding a list of current coolers that are compatible or any review round ups...

I'm not looking for water cooler or peltier, would just rather stick with air if possible.

350D only has 160mm CPU clearance and I think your HyperX RAM is 32.8 mm tall (35.8mm above motherboard / 27.8mm above CPU surface). This means a 120mm fan will fit over RAM, but not a 140mm fan .. so if you want a cooler with 140mm fan/s you need one that will fit in 55mm from center of CPU toward RAM sockets.

It is hard to suggest coolers without knowing where on Earth you are and maybe a couple sites you can buy from so we can see what is availabe and their prices.

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

Is that not something people do nowadays? I had an artic cool peltier lying around for ages. That thin was boss on my old x58 box.

I ended up getting an Alpenfohn Ben Nevis. Lowered my temps from the stock Wraith around 10c and was well priced. Fan is dead silent.

Newegg has the Mugen Max for $35, the Fuma for $45, and the Kotetsu for $33. Any of those will be very, VERY good for any CPU out there right now.

What entropism said.

All are good coolers with Fuma probably the best .. followed by Mugen Max and Kotetsu in that order..

Wanted to correct myself since you're going with a case that has 160mm of clearance for the cooler. The Mugen 5 is what you want, not the Max. (163mm vs 155ish), and the 5 cools as well as the Fuma with no clearance issues. $46ish on Amazon.

Back