Good cheap thermal paste

Pcmatic184

n00b
Hi I was wondering what would so good thermal paste be . I heard of artic silver and that's about it so u wanted so opinions, thanks

For the overclocked stuff: +1 for Phobya HeGrease
Its easy to clean and easy to apply. It has one of the best performance ratings available, especially if you take into account suboptimal / poor applications and weak contact pressure. This is very forgiving grease that will give you the best, if if you are not the best lol.

For the stock stuff: Arctic Ceramique
One of the cheapest compounds. Comes in large 25g tubes. Stable from sub-ambient cooling to overclocked rigs. Never ever seen it dry out, even after years. Most definitely does not conduct electricity, I often use it as dielectric grease.

Radio Shack has both AS 5 and AS Ceramique. I'm using the ceramique stuff after having had a conductivity issue with AS 5, seems fine.

I picked up some classic AS-5 from my local Radioshack a while back and it's been treating me pretty well. Haven't tried out the AS Ceramique, but it seems that you can't really go wrong with Arctic Silver.

I have a large tube of MX-2 that I've owned for a while now. Works pretty well and temps are good too.

Aside from the aforementioned T.I.M.s, Arctic Cooling MX-4 and Noctua NT-H1 are good, inexpensive ones.

Back