• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good, cheap speakers

xhazy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
255
I'm looking for some good but inexpensive speakers for my new computer, something under 40$

I'm not a huge audiophile but I'll be gaming alot and listening to music often (not at high volumes)


I may also get a sound card depending on the onboard audio quality from my new motherboard which is
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC889A
Audio Channels 8 Channels

it's a gigabyte mobo

would also be ~40$ if i can find one
 
Head to Target and get whatever you can find for your budget, or go to Newegg and sort by price. But maybe you should look into headphones instead.
 
can't use headphones right now.. having problems with my ears when using them.

What's the cheapest speakers you'd recommend then above 40$?
 
You aren't going to get much quality at that price point. If you can go up to 100$, your options expand greatly.
 
Try Ebay.
I've bought some great speakers at great prices from there.

You can check reviews to see if they are good.
 
Ok thanks guys

I'll take a look at the newegg ones c10 listed and check on ebay to see what I can find
 
No such thing.

QFT. ... and I LOL'ed :p

Anyway, don't even think about a soundcard, even $100 speakers don't warrant a soundcard upgrade with todays onboard audio being as good as it is.

You up for scouring ebay/craigslist for some used active monitors?
 
Back
Top