• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good cheap sound card?

Stuh505

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
488
Several years ago I did a bit of research and decided that the Fortissimo II was a good choice. I have been using it for 5 years now and cannot complain about a thing. I love the sound quality, and I especially love the control panel it gives you.

A couple years ago I got a new sound card, a sound blaster that was only about $30, and after about 5 minutes I wanted to tear my hair out because the sound was so much worse.

Now I dont think you can buy fortissimo's anymore, but I have a friend who needs a new sound card...it's a simple 2.1 system, she's not a gamer, just wants to hear music at its full potential. Looking to pay around $30...whats a good brand?
 
From what I understand, Turtle Beach will provide exactly what you are looking for at a very reasonable price.
 
Stuh505 said:
Now I dont think you can buy fortissimo's anymore, but I have a friend who needs a new sound card...it's a simple 2.1 system, she's not a gamer, just wants to hear music at its full potential. Looking to pay around $30...whats a good brand?

Sounds like a job for Chaintech AV-710.
 
Back
Top