• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good case, that cools well stock

Brando457

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
1,232
What is a good case w/ efficient air cooling out of the box. I dont want to watercool atm as i dont have a huge need for those kinds of temps, nor the balls to do it even after reading lots of guides.

I'm just wondering what is a aewsoem case that is cooled very well out of the box

Thanks
 
Any case with a rear 120mm fan. I like the Lanboy2 and Aria from Antec because I have worked with them both and have enjoyed it. They come equipped with a very quiet and useful fan.
 
what kind of price range are you looking at for the case?

the UFO meets the cooling/airflow part but it packs a helluva price tag:
I-want-to-believe.jpg

^the fan mounting locations are for 120s...
 
That rulez out the UFO, the cheap ones are like $265 the really nice ones are like $425. So tempting though when you think of mounting a 120.3 Rad behind those front 3 120mm intakes.
 
I have an Antec Sonata and an Antec 1080AMG.. the latter comes with 3x80mm stock and is a very nice case, comes with a TruePower 430W too!
 
the sonata where is the front fan mounted?

In front of the hd bay or behind it. In a review I saw it was behind it pulling air over the hds rather than pushing it on it. Id rather have it in front of the hd bay then behind it. JW

I'm looking at the antec sonata case atm and the Thermaltake Tsunami.
 
o if the psu in the sonata sucks then i wont get it and ill get the thermaltake most likely
 
I like the Antec Lanboy/Sonata the 120mm fans are much quieter than any previous case using 80mm fans.
 
The CM Pretorian has very nice cooling. 80mm rear, 2 80mm intake with no obstruction, and a nice blowhole. Very sexy looking as well :)
 
n64man120 said:
The CM Pretorian has very nice cooling. 80mm rear, 2 80mm intake with no obstruction, and a nice blowhole. Very sexy looking as well :)

yeah, but any 1 120mm fan moves more air than any 80mm fan in the rear at a lower speed and silence.
 
so_cal_forever said:
The MGE Quantum is supposed to have 5 fans. However, it's not due until the end of this month.

First time seeing this cased... it's looks pretty damned good! It's also not 'ricearific' like their other cases. Any ideas on the MSRP?
 
It's coming with a hefty price tag... I emailed XG and they shot me back a message saying $149.99 MSRP. The price on the Egg and other places will probably be $20 or so less as we tend to see most of the time, but thats still not a bad tag for a case with 5 LED fans, a PSU, the front LCD, and the crapload of other features.
 
The price on the Egg and other places will probably be $20 or so less as we tend to see most of the time



I disagree completely. NewEgg, while great at service, is not known for low low prices. In fact, I'd say on average, the Egg is usually $5-10 more than competing stores, sometimes much higher.
 
Back
Top