Good card for presentations.

courtex0

n00b
Hello all, I tried looking around in the other posts, but didn't see anything that answered my question exactly so I hope someone can help me out. :D

I've got friend that has purchased a 50" 1080P Samsung LCD for his business and he wants to use it, hooked up to a pc, for company meetings. He'll be running the usual PowerPoint slides, but he'll also be using some of our industry related software to answer questions and go over workflow guides and the text can be small.
With my current setup (XP Pro, MSI GeForce GTX 260 using the DVI to HDMI converter to a Sony 1080i Rear Projection TV). The text is pretty readable, but still a little fuzzy, and the resolution is a little off. I would probably get a headache after 45 minutes or so of having to read from it.

My question is; is this something I can expect from any card? Is there a card any of you would recommend that is reasonably priced that will function well, clearly displaying smallish text on a 1080p LCD at its native resolution without any hassle?

Any card should work fine for you. It doesn't take much to deliver a powerpoint presentation unless you've embedded some pretty incredible stuff in it!

As far as the fuzzy font -- are you adjusting the resolution to the projectors native resolution? If not, you may be able to fix it. You can also play with the output settings in the video cards control panel and see if anything can help you.

I don't think any one card is going to give better output specifically for projectors. There may be a certain driver that has more friendly controls than another, but they all do pretty much the same when it comes to displaying 2d video.

agreed, you need to look at the settings in the nvidia control pannel and match the resolution with the recommended or native resoultion of the TV.... for example my 720p TV accepts a PC imput of 1366 x 768

not the 1280×720 that you would think.... this might be part of your issue.

i run a 9600gt to my TV and a 780g onboard to my 720p projctor

Back