good card around $120

I'm looking for another card, right now I have a 9000 Pro 64mb. This card still works fine for me. I don't have to have everything maxed out to enjoy a game. I use to know alot about the new cards and what nots.I'm looking at a 9800pro. Not the best I know, but can any help me find a better card for the price.

edit* sorry, i sorta forgot you were using agp, so prices are gonna be a bit higher

if you don't mind stepping up to 150$ newegg has a batch of refurbed connect 3d x800gto cards for $150. while there is a bit of luck involved regarding what you get, the card i recieved came with all accessories, looked brand spanking new, and even unlocked the extra pipes and overclocked past x800xt speeds (as most of the connect 3d gto's are doing, though i hear not so much anymore). basically, whether it unlocks or not, its a steal at $150, and something tells me most of them were returns from people who bought them instead of the sapphire gto2 on accident. newegg also garuntees all refurbed cards for 15 days or something, plenty long enought to find a problem. if you are nervous about getting a refurb card, then for a new card, at $120 you i'm sure can get a 6600gt give or take a few bucks (some good deals going on those), and if you really look around, you could probably squeeze a 6800nu for not much more (better card), and the agp version of that has a chance to unlock to basically a 128mb GT. good luck!

smeagletalon said:
Would a Slightly overclocked Barton 2500 be able to run the 6600GT without bottlenecking it?

depends on the app, most games are video limited anyway.

dook43 said:
depends on the app, most games are video limited anyway.

cool thanks for the fast reply im gonna be placing my order on New Egg in a few hours so I wanted to get some feedback =)

ok two votes for the 6600GT, I get one around incometax. It does not hurt to plan a head. But in computer world i know that's wrong.

The x1600pro is coming in AGP soon. If it comes in at $129 like its pci-e brother i would go with that card.

Back