Good Buy?

Yeah there's a 42" 120Hz 1080p Hitachi at Sams Club for $498. Not too shabby for just a little more scratch.

Well I personally won't even touch a display if its not 1080p however at that price and considering your new to the tech I would say its pretty good.

I don't know about you guys but I could never tell the difference between 720 and 1080.

Yeah I was debating between this and a 40" 1080p lcd. I looked at them side by side and even though the plasma was only 720p it looked awesome compared to the 1080p lcd.

Yeah I was debating between this and a 40" 1080p lcd. I looked at them side by side and even though the plasma was only 720p it looked awesome compared to the 1080p lcd.

Generally, they only play 720p video in stores and therefore the 720p native displays look better than the 1080p native displays because the 1080p displays are scaling. But i prefer LCD's over plasmas any day. A glossy ips panel is king in my opinion.

Might just be me, but I couldn't just "settle" for a 720p display. Seems like a bigger lcd like the 42" would look more "pixelated" if viewing up close, but I haven't compared them in a while so don't take my word for it.

Back