• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good but Cheap PSU!

kc690

n00b
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
39
I am looking for a good but cheap psu one that is modular or whatever that is called, specs in sig. Also i will be running 3 120mm medium speed yate loons and the lian li bs-03.
 
Dang if that is cheap then im in trouble, that psu looks nice but i need to get closer to the $50 or less category. I'm not tryin to be a cheapass, but I just spent all my money on everything else. Oh also is there a way to make your psu modular that wouldnt look ghetto, or can you not really do it.
 
If your looking for a modular PSU to power the rig in your sig for under 50 dollars, I think your in trouble. The enermax is a very decent PSU at a decent price. For a regular PSU your looking at 60-70+ for a decent one that won't give you any trouble, and maybe some future upgrades.
 
$50 will most likely get you a non modular PS. You will not find a decent modular PS at that price. It's best that you just get a non modular PS and route the cables nicely within the case. As far as attempting to make a PS modular, not recommended.
 
You can get an Antec Earthwatts 380w PSU @ Newegg for $34.99 shipped. It would run everything in your sig just fine.

Non-modular, but probably the best unit under $50.
 
Yup, this PS will do it. Although lower in watts than that Dynex, this will run your system. Plus, I trust this Antec over that Dynex any day.


You can get an Antec Earthwatts 380w PSU @ Newegg for $34.99 shipped. It would run everything in your sig just fine.

Non-modular, but probably the best unit under $50.
 
Ok, so far I have learned that I need to keep usin this pos dynex and save money for a REAL power supply, if I change my price range to $125 what are my options. I kind of want somehting that will last if I decide to upgrade, and maybe keep sli in mind because if prices drop enough in the next six months(which they most likely will) I will get some a better mobo and another gpu.
 
looks like I didn't get a new one soon enough. I think I just killed mine so im going to have to get the antec 500watt earthwatts.

edit: False alarm it was a bad switch.
 
Back
Top