• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good budget video card?

Joined
Nov 4, 2002
Messages
654
So I've been out of the game for a little while, but my 8800GTX is now dead and I need to find a replacement. I haven't been following graphics cards lately, so I'm hoping you guys can give me a push in the right direction.

What modern card does the 8800GTX compare to? I assume I shouldn't have to spend too much to replace it. I'm open to both ATI and NVIDIA cards. ATI is on top right now, no?

Any input is appreciated.

Brad
 
The 5770 is a great card for 150$.

THe 4850 1gb is a good card for 100$.

The 5850 is a good care for 300$.

The 100$ 48501gb will annhiliate your 8800gtx.
 
For two hundred and change, you can get two 4850s into crossfire and pretty much max out any game you care to play.
 
Dual 4850 1gbs can max out 1680x1050.

Without breaking a sweat, while pumping out 24aa and 16af.
 
Back
Top