Good Budget Subwoofer?

Check out Dayton subs for partsexpress, IMO best bang for your buck. I got the SUB-120 for like $130 or something with free shipping.
--edit--
Actually I just looked and now its like $150 + $10 shipping or something, that kinda sucks. Not sure how often they go on sale. The 10" is probably better overall and its cheaper. At regular price these arn't awesome deals, but with free shipping and sfuff, if it comes back ever or soemthing, I think they're awesome deals.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizard...CAT&srchCat=620&CFID=8954139&CFTOKEN=76757669

I got the Dayton Elite 10" (designed by HSU) about 2 months ago for $180 shipped. It's now at $230.
I love the sub. It does a pretty good job at 25 Hz, but really falters below that. It's got a lot of power, and it packs a punch. I'm very happy with my purchase. I don't know if I'd spend $230 though. There's probably better options for that price range.

booo, anywhere in CANADA for anything decent? Like under $150-200 CDN?

I was in the same boat as you a while ago. Its a bitch to find decent subs in Canada at that price range.
I got this one at under $200 around the beginning of this year.. No idea if it will go on sale anytime soon, so don't really know what to tell you. I've never really had any decent audio systems before my current computer setup (that sub + Energy C100s), so far to me it sounds pretty great.
If you happen to know someone who works at Bestbuy, they might be able to get that sub at a good price with employee discount since the markup seems extremely high.

As for OP, I think this would give you great bang for you buck.

Energy ESW-8

His full review (3rd thread) concludes that the AA sub is a good unit that could replace an entry-level or HTIB's sub. Admittedly, it's just one review, but since I don't need another sub, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig this time.

Back