Good backup software?

Gutspiller

Gawd
I've used Acronis and Genie backup and I wasn't happy with Acronis and Genie backup craps out on my system for some reason. (Runtime error, latest version).

I am backing up a removable hard drive. I am looking for encryption, the ability to adjust cpu usage, ability to shutdown the computer when it's done, and that it puts the backup in a single file.

The appending to a backup file would be nice,but I never used it in either of the two I have used before, as I don't like that idea.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

suprised about Acronis have a few clients that have had it running for months no issues

If I may hijack, any good alternatives to NT Backup in Windows 2003? I currently use that to backup network shares to removable SATA hard drives (along with 5 Ghost images) every night but I want something that can compress the backup since I'm running out of space on my 500GB backup drives..

Cobian Backup Amanita seems to have everything that I was looking for...and everything the OP is looking for except for CPU usage adjustment. Here's hoping my testing goes well!

If you want to upload to off-site servers then Idrive is a good off site back up service :D

paragon and acronis are my fave, you can't go wrong with either one.

Cobian Backup Amanita seems to have everything that I was looking for...and everything the OP is looking for except for CPU usage adjustment. Here's hoping my testing goes well!

I lied, it does have adjustable CPU load capabilities...although it's just a checkbox, but still, very robust free program. :)

Back