• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good aircooling case for crossfire?

Dunan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
1,312
:confused:

Hi, i'm looking for a full tower case with good airflow for a crossfire setup, preferedly all aluminum if possible.
Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.
 
I would think anythign that could cool SLI would work for Crossfire? So anything aluminum with a side vent over the pci area should do you right.
 
The Lian-Li V series is awesome. Silverstone's TJ07 case is also nice. I'm a bigger fan of the Lian-Lis but the TJ07 is nice as well. The Lian Both have great cooling, you can't really go wrong. If you go with the Lian-Lis get the Plus II version. They have more fans and a better flow path. The bottom fan blows cold air straight on to your proc then the top side fan sucks out the hot air.

As for cooling SLi vs. Crossfire. Nvidia cards a definetly cooler than ATI cards. I could cook on my X1900XT just at idle. :p
 
I can't seem to find anything that has a happy medium in the middle. I was considering the TT armor for a minute till I saw that it's a super tower@45LBS :(

It shouldn't be this hard to find full tower aluminum case with good airflow :(
 
Well, its pretty easy to just install a 120 on the side panel over the vid cards. You could do that on any case basically.
 
GigantoR said:
Well, its pretty easy to just install a 120 on the side panel over the vid cards. You could do that on any case basically.

There's already a 90mm in the door panel, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I would rather get a bigger case alltogether, it's quite cramped in there.
I have a TT tsunami case.
 
I know this is a Mid but there is more than enough flow through this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811196022

11-196-022-02.JPG
 
I looked into that stacker 830 and the reviews aren't as peachy as I hoped......they had to mod the case (plexiglass to cover the mesh on the doors) to get better airflow as there is so much open space in the doors that the air is stagnant and doesn't move very well on the inside :(

I'm checking out a P180 also, even though it's steel I might bite the bullet and have to settle for a steel case :eek:
 
vanilla_guerilla said:
gig 3d aurora.
here is my sli rig in it.

87225711_91d3d7c584.jpg

I was also looking at that case for a long time also - it's still an option but I would have to order from newegg, I can't get it locally.

How's the airflow/volume? One thing just about all the reviews said was replace the stock fans, they dont move much air.

Also, what are the USB connects like for the chassis? Are they the block type or multi-pin type?
 
they are the block type. i swapped out the intake fan for a much faster one. the stock fans spin at something like 800rpm. so they are silent, but dont move much air. the intake fan gets partially blocked by the hd cage, which is why i upgraded the fan. since it was getting near the summer, and since i dont care about noise, i upgraded the 2 exhaust fans also. all 3 are tt thunderblades, controlled by rheostats. i had an ultra-d with a sli rig, so it could get a little cozy in there with the panel on and the very slow fans. there is a new version out that is exactly the same inside, and slightly different outside. but the usb and i/o ports are in a better place, also the door opens from the right, which is better.
 
Well the only thing keeping me from the GB case is airflow - I have 2 x1900xt's that are begging for more air, and I can't seem to get air to either on them.
It's really this one or the P180. :)
 
vanilla_guerilla said:
if you get the gig, get the one with the mesh panel. goes a long way in keeping your card cool.

QFT, I put a 90mm Panaflo fan right where the mesh is, and it's great. (Stupid asus southbridge fan died). Idles at like 29C!

dscn13465bh.jpg
 
I picked up the P180 because it was on sale but come to find out the PSU I have is too long (silverstone ST60F) and there's no way to remove that middle fan in the bottom area. I could see it was going to be cabling nightmare to boot, even if I did force it to work. It has a little less room than the TT tsunami i'm using right now. That antec is a quality box BTW. They should make a full size version of that box, my worries would be over :)
So i'm still in the hunt.......:(
 
you can see in the picture of the watercooling rig in the gigabyte that there is about 10- 12 inches of space for your psu. there are no obstructions.
 
How about a TT Mozart Tx ?











Can also get it with silver side instead of black for a few $$ more. Price range from $210 to $240.

I don't think it's the greatest looking case and it is a little too big, but I like how everything is compartmentalized. If it didn't cost $120 shipping to where I live, I'd probably have already ordered one myself.
 
Well, damn. Talked myself into buying one. Newegg wanted the $120 for shipping.....I live in Hawaii, so it is always expenive like that usually....but luckly I looked around and found zipzoomfly had it as well, although they charge $10 more then newegg for the case, but only charged $27 for shipping. So I bought one. Hopefully it arrives undamged.

A review of the case

Bought the solid silver one with no windows. Didn't like the top window where all the drives are, just looks messy. Maybe cut a window out right in front of the mobo tray if I get the urge.

I think besides being a very roomy enclosure for computer parts, it will also be a nice place for me to set a secondary monitor on top of.
 
Back
Top