good 92 mm cpu fan?

gamekid

Gawd
i need a 92 mm fan to go on my xp-90.........its getting hot and my quiet fan wont cut it anymore .........well i need a good flow to sound fan..........i got a big fan blowing at me now :D .....so the sound is already high but i cant get a 50 db fan........

i just need to cut down the cpu temp its touching 50 under heavy load :eek:

i remember their being some 38 mm thick fans but i cant seem to find one :(

I'm using Panaflo M1A 92mm at 12V.

It's not totally silent, but good combination of adequate flow at low noise at 12V.

Hope this helps!

perryinva said:
I wouldn't bother for that.

welll then wat is the problem.....because my games are starting to freeze for bits of time and some graphics start to skew......i look at the nview monitor and it has a warning for the cpu temp........

could it be video card.....i got a 6800 ultra OC (BFG one) with its stock cooling and its getting in the 80's...i think it hit 90 once

Actually I was having similar things happening with my last 7800GT CO SE card. I ended up selling it but....

Id be gaming and the game would freeze for 10-15 seconds, then start going again, as if I had huge lag. I saw my temps spike huge when it was happening as well. Never got to the point of an RMA but...was odd. Never knew what was causing it.

Id say video card. Like he said, 50C on the cpu is not high. Most likely caused by higher case temps due to the video card.

I use a silentCat 90mm fan. If you can find them they are quiet and put out a lot of CFM. The only problem is that the high flow creates a lot of turbulance and wind noise on the XP90. Its still quieter then other fans though.

gamekid said:
welll then wat is the problem.....because my games are starting to freeze for bits of time and some graphics start to skew......i look at the nview monitor and it has a warning for the cpu temp........

could it be video card.....i got a 6800 ultra OC (BFG one) with its stock cooling and its getting in the 80's...i think it hit 90 once

Thats a gfx temp problem not a CPU problem.

Back