• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good 3dMark05 Score?

Nope.

Here is the data from my 3DMark05 list for the X850 XT.

Score---OC
8,152---714/645
7,833---715/654
7,008---612/626
6,834---560/590
6,595---559/608
6,414---564/600
6,289---545/594
6,244---540/560
6,207---562/590
6,169---547/587
6,143
6,115---529/590
6,060---544/579
5,885
5,882---520/540
5,870---520/540
5,747---519/540
5,500---520/540

Names have witheld because I am lazy.


The average score for a X850 XT is 6,386.
Now most of those cards are overclocked.

The average OC is 567/586.

So something is amiss.
Did you have a Nvidia card before this one?
What drivers are you using?
What is the brand and wattage is your PSU?
 
Ever had a vassectimy? What was your mother's maiden name and did she have a cat named tilly?

Does the moon grow cold when the blue dog jumps over the fence into a graveyard full of purple elephant bones?

Things we need to know.

~Adam
 
AllLiving said:
3DMax05 Score = 4767
See my sig, is this score decent for my setup?
That is roughly what you'd get for a stock X850XT with driver-default IQ, AA/AF and VSync settings.

Change the IQ setting to "Best Performance," AA and AF in Direct3D to "Application Preference" and Vertical Sync to "Always Off" before running the tests. (By default, the IQ setting is halfway between "Best Performance" and "Best Quality," and the Vertical Sync is set to "Default On.")
 
Mr previous card was a Radeon 9700 PRO. I put the new Radeon 850xt in and uninstalled all the drivers. Then downloaded the new Catalyst drivers today from ATI.com and reinstalled them. It's a SAPPHIRE X850XT and I'm not going to overclock it, I'll leave it at stock. I'm gonna try what the previous post said about the options and I'll get back to you. Also I'm running it on an LCD 1280x1024.

Edit**

Also I have a TrueBlue 480watt Antec PSU.
 
I have to ask, since when does a PSU cause performance degredation?

It is my understanding, if your PSU is insufficient, your system will lockup, or you will have severe problems? Not like 1000 pts off 3dMark.
 
Back
Top