Azureth
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Feb 29, 2008
- Messages
- 5,323
I was thinking about getting the Logitech Z-4. Are they good? I'd prefer not spending over $100.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes, I'd recommend that.Could you save a little more and push to $120? They're going to recommend a 2.0 setup...
Okay, how about up to $150? And I thought it would sound better with a sub? I'm in an apt so maybe it's not that great anyway.
While those speakers look nice they seem awfully big, or do the pictures just make them look big? I don't have much space on my desk.The bass is better with a sub, yeah. But decent subs start around $80-100 independent of your other gear. It's better on a low budget to get a better pair of sats instead of diverting some of the funds into a poor excuse for a sub.
Here's a good start for you, AV40s for $130. Directron and a few other places have a similar price, but the Amazon one is free ship & no tax to most states. Should be more than adequate for the budget, and won't suffer too much without a sub (but could benefit from one in the future if you like.)
Good sub if you want one later.
If you are in an apartment, I suggest quality headphones. Better sound quality per dollar spent and you can have much more variety per dollar in sound and audio components.
Do the M10s sound great? I'm also looking for a set of high quality 2.0 or 2.1 speakers. They certainly look fantastic.
Bit of a blanket statement. You can actually get a decent integrated or cheap receiver and a pair of bookshelves for around $100. Insignias are $50 used, $50 left for a used amp is reasonable to work with if you're willing to do some digging. A sub is out but you could always upgrade later as one isn't really necessary per se.Yeah, go ahead and stick to Logicrap. Can't do anything with less than $100.