Good 1366 mobo needed

wtburnette

2[H]4U
So, I have an ASUS Rampage III Formula in my main rig and I love it. A buddy of mine gave me an Extreme Edition i7 that I'm going to put into my main rig, replacing the 930 I currently use. What I'd like to do is build another system with that 930 board and 6GB of Corsair XMS3 RAM I have spare. I'm looking for a good 1366 mobo, preferably one that's no more then $150. I'm partial to Asus as a brand, but would entertain any other vendors. I just want something inexpensive without missing too many key features. The box is probably just going to be used at LAN parties and things like that, not as a main rig.

what do you consider to be "key features"?

I think you will really struggle to find any new 1366 motherboard that cheap. You might want to consider buying used.

Last edited:
Okay, so, one thing lead to another and I wasn't able to get that board. Now I'm in the market for a low end 1366 board again and now that one is no longer available. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd prefer an Asus board, but I've heard there are some good gigabyte boards in the lower end range that are still great boards. I don't have time to research properly so I thought I'd rez this dead thread... ;)

Well, I'd prefer new. I've seen and heard of buying new 1366 boards for under $150 and that would be great. I've only bought used gear from a couple of people I actually have known, I don't even have a paypal account or anything and have never used ebay... ;)

Well, I'd prefer new. I've seen and heard of buying new 1366 boards for under $150 and that would be great. I've only bought used gear from a couple of people I actually have known, I don't even have a paypal account or anything and have never used ebay... ;)

I used to be like you -- worried about buying used, etc. Don't worry about it. See the P6X58D-E in my sig? Got it used from eBay for $41. See the i7 980X in my sig? Also used. :D

Okay, still looking for a new, good quality 1366 board. I swapped my 930 out for a 965 extreme and am now running stable at 4Ghz just fine. I want to upgrade my son's system from an older core2quad CPU to my 930. I have everything needed, except a good board. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I just did a quick search on Amazon for X58 and there were 5 boards on the first page under $200. None were under $150.

Asus Sabertooth
Gigabyte X58-USB3
Gigabyte X58-UD3R
eVGA E767
MSI X58M

Bummer. Too bad. Actually, with that info, I'm tempted to buy him a Rampage III Formula like mine. newegg has it for $275 with a $30 MIR. More then I wanted to pay, but this is the best mobo I've ever used, so maybe it makes sense to pay more for a known quantity?

Honestly...........the best board I've had for my ci7 930 has been the Rampage III Formula.

I'm waiting for the Rampage IV Formula for an X79 build.:D

Back