Gonna buy an Xbox, again, what games to get

rcf1987

2[H]4U
Well I have decided to buy an Xbox after I sold mine in September to kingkaeru anyways I haven't been paying attention to games any good ones I should really get (I am getting Halo 2). Also I am getting a HDTV advanded pack and some componet video cables and an opticle cable so I can have super nice video and 5.1 Dolby any games that really take advantage of the 5.1 dolby.

Most people will probably suggest Halo... I'll skip that and suggest you pick up Ninja Gaiden. It's the best third person action game of this generation, and one of the best of all time.

When you beat that, Dead or Alive Ultimate (assuming you get Xbox Live) will tide you over for a long time.

Star Wars: Knights of the old republic 1 & 2

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Burnout 3

Halo 1 & 2

Terpfen said:
Most people will probably suggest Halo... I'll skip that and suggest you pick up Ninja Gaiden. It's the best third person action game of this generation, and one of the best of all time.

I'll second Gaiden. It's one of the better games I've played in a long time. Plus it's a pretty long game and they've released updates through Live.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
It was pretty good, if you like turn based fighting in RPG's.

Need 4 Speed Underground 2 if you like racing.

Kotor 1 (Not 2 it sucks)
Halo 1 and 2
Fable (Awsome game I replayed this like 10 times)
Underground NFS2
Chronicles of riddick

i rented ninja gaiden, it was too hard for me. i kept throwing my controller and then i just stopped playing before i broke something.

i reccomend halo2 for online and burnout 3 as well. burnout 3 is the best game released for xbox at the moment besides halo1 on a lan in my opinion.

spent a lot of hours playing

Fuzion Frenzy
Kung Fu Chaos
Halo1
Prince of Persia
Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes

Those are my favs anyway!

tiger woods 2005 is a must. i know i know golf sounds really lame, but it is alot of fun, and quite addicting!

need for speed underground 2

tony hawks underground 1/2

bmxxx is wicked cheap, and is a decent game imo

burnout 3 is a must

project gotham racing is alot of fun

atari anthology is a great one since it is only $20 and comes with tons of awesome atari games!

Halo 1 & 2
Soul Calibur 2
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

I'm am currently greatly enjoying (as well as HALO2):

Ninja Gaiden.
Burnout 3.
THUG2.
Fable.

Halo 1 & 2
Ninja Gaiden
Project Gotham Racing 2
Soul Calibur 2
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Burnout 2 (personally I cant stand Burnout 3, its got EA love juice all over it...spoilt it for me)

JonnyK said:
i rented ninja gaiden, it was too hard for me. i kept throwing my controller and then i just stopped playing before i broke something.

Yeah, it's supposed to be hard. It's a throwback to the good old days when games were driven by challenge.

Keep in mind that the original NES games were a lot harder. In fact, you can unlock them near the end of Ninja Gaiden's story mode, assuming you meet the requirements. They're well worth the effort: Ninja Gaiden II is still a classic.

Why did you get rid of it in the first place :p I would have to suggest KOTOR2 and Fable at the moment. Fable in my opinoin has excellent replay value seeing as the game is almost differnet every time.

Fusion Frenzy
Madden 2005
Halo 2, Screw Halo 1
Fable
King Of The Dead Knights: Winter Warlords From The Dark Lagoon

since everyones going to mention the halos, ill just skip those

burnout 2 and 3
espn nfl 2k5
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT (if you play on xbox live that is)
star wars: kotor
mechassault
crimson skies
nfsu2
dead or alive ultimate
thug2

it wont be coming out for a few months, but iron phoenix looks pretty sweet

Prince of Persia 1 and 2
KotoR 1 and 2
Need For Speed Underground 2
Ninja Gaiden
Project Gotham Racing 2
Soul Calibur 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Fable

rcf1987 said:
Well I have decided to buy an Xbox after I sold mine in September to kingkaeru anyways I haven't been paying attention to games any good ones I should really get (I am getting Halo 2). Also I am getting a HDTV advanded pack and some componet video cables and an opticle cable so I can have super nice video and 5.1 Dolby any games that really take advantage of the 5.1 dolby.

XBOX LIVE!
Ninja Gaiden
Dead or Alive Ultimate
MechAssualt 2 ( comes out the 30th )
Halo 1 & 2
Project Gotham Racing II
Rallisport Challenge 2

There are way more, but those are my must haves.

this game is a must have

KOTOR 1 and 2, whoever said Kotor 2 sucked must have not liked the original.
Burnout 3
Ninja Gaiden
Halo 1 and 2 if you have friends for Co-op, if not I would not bother. Single player is so-so compared to a PC FPS
Soul Caliber 2
ESPN NHL2K5

Back