• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gonna build budget PC, need help

Zeke

Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
837
Alright, I need to know what high-end celeron overclocks the best, and on what motherboard. I prefer that the motherboard have onboard video and onboard graphics and sound, but these aren't necessary, however sound would be the nicest... Thanks in advance you [H]ardcore ultimate advisers :)
 
word processing, internet, maybe DVD's, all I need is onboard-sound and onboard-lan, but either of the two is worth it. I tmay be used for some gaming too
 
What is your budget and what exact parts you need? Mobo, CPU, case, psu, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc?
 
Yeah look at the 2500+'s at newegg.com, they are only 80 bucks! The mobo that I have is an Asus A7N8X-X, it is about 72 bucks. I gurantee that the 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ (very easy to do) will beat the hell out of any celeron for less money.
 
ok, then my needs are to know what mobo I should buy for the 2500+, and that I need that mobo to have onboard sound and LAN :)
 
Depending on your budget, if low, you could go for one of the old shuttle sffs with onboard vid and 5.1 sound. Or if you are spending more, maby one of those new zen style ones. Nice and small, would be great for those uses. Can go for extra quieting too.

edit: +lan too
 
Any of the Asus A7N8X boards would be a great choice. You could always go with the NF7 boards from Abit.
 
or Epox8rda3+

i was going to get that board with a 2500+, but changed my mind to building a small size computer
 
For a budget computer go AMD. Their lowend processors best Intel Celerons in all the budget showdown reviews I have seen. Then you can overclock the AMD which will make the AMD even better then the Celeron.
 
Back
Top