• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Gonna be down for few days......

Joined
Sep 8, 2005
Messages
580
Well my second BFG GTX280OC died this past Sunday:mad:. BFG is going to RMA it (if I can ever get off of 'hold' and get an RMA#).

final thought.....As well as not being able to Fold, going back to 'on-board' video in the interim is painfull for gaming.....[EDIT Now I might see the sun for a change...lol /EDIT]


SR
 
lol.. that sucks.. hopefully if they do the rma they send you a gtx 285 instead of another gtx 280.. :p
 
haha, I was hoping that myself, but since the 280OC is still listed on their site, I don't think it will happen (crosses fingers). I'd just be happy with a 280 that lasts over 3 months.....

SR
 
haha, I was hoping that myself, but since the 280OC is still listed on their site, I don't think it will happen (crosses fingers). I'd just be happy with a 280 that lasts over 3 months.....

SR


yeah i know what ya mean.. pretty much why ive yet to upgrade my 8800GT's.. i torture the hell out of em.. and from a few of the horror stories ive read of various new cards.. i just havent seen a need to upgrade yet.. but ill eventually have to at some point..
 
Good luck on your RMA samborarocks :D I think you just mighta' got a bad GTX280 and I hope your next GTX280 lasts a long time (err..., as long as you want it to before you upgrade) :p

sirmonkey1985 might just have something with the GTX280 RMA to a GTX285 :confused:

Good Luck :)

DCing for the CURE
 
sorry to hear you are having troubel with BFG RMA. I called last thursday night and was on hold for only like 5 minutes for my power supply. I have always had excellent luck with BFG, but I hope all goes well so you can get back to the fold

edit: you said this is your second 280? what happened to the first? please dont touch my gfx cards...lol...:D

 
Wow, now that does suck. Maybe the will mistakenly give you that GTX285 that others have mentioned. I hope that the BFG RMA process is pretty quick.

 
I hope that the BFG RMA process is pretty quick.


I sent my PS in on Friday (may 22) and they received it wednesday (may 27) and the new one is scheduled for delivery on Saturday (may 30)...+1 for speedy RMA!! 8 day turnaround and there was even a holiday this week...
 
My replacement card should be here on Saturday. Despite my hopes of it 'possibly' being a 285 the invoice on the shipment on BFG's RMA site is GTX280OCE, so I think it's just a 280OC.

This is still fine with me, I'll just be glad to have it back for folding and gaming, my onboard video is driving me nuts.....

SR
 


Didn't want to post another reply. Back @ folding up to 724K. BFG was great, very timely turnaround on the card. It also runs MUCH cooler that my last one after initial install.

SR
 
Last edited:
Back
Top