GoldenEye 64 using the HL2 Source Engine

Bad_Boy said:
this looks pretty good, too bad it will probably get shut down :/

I doubt it will get shut down. Im sure Rare(or who ever owns them now) would love to see this remake completed.

Lazy_Moron said:
I doubt it will get shut down. Im sure Rare(or who ever owns them now) would love to see this remake completed.

Rare = Microsoft..

Damn, I really hope it works out. Those screens are slick, can't imagine playing Goldeneye with such good graphics.

If anyone is going to pitch a fit it would be EA since they now own the rights to Bond.

i wanna play taht so bad, it looks freakin awesome. I didnt own an N64 back in the day, but my neighbor had one and we had many great hours on that game

iZero said:
If anyone is going to pitch a fit it would be EA since they now own the rights to Bond.

But I believe it would be Rare who would have to (now Microsoft), since they made the game. I'm sure EA would be involved as well.

if Biggs is the programmer, it will never be released... or it'll have a million bugs and always be a WIP.

man every now and then my freinds and I drag out my N64 for some classic gaming, Can't wait to see it on the source engine. :cool:

Oh, dude. 100% creaminess, right there.
What do you think the chances of Perfect Dark are? I wanna see Joanna in shadow-coated HDR-ness.

First thing that popped into my mind was a PD remake. They need to make it true though, with the shooting range glitch where you can shoot 1000 arrows or throw knives into the instructors head :D I'm really looking forward to this remake though.

peacetilence said:
First thing that popped into my mind was a PD remake. They need to make it true though, with the shooting range glitch where you can shoot 1000 arrows or throw knives into the instructors head :D I'm really looking forward to this remake though.
Ahaha...the shooting range. Ahh, yes. The good old days. Did you ever do stuff like run around and throw grenades at people using that glitch? Or write your name on the wall in arrows? Man...those were the days. Those were the days indeed.
Which of course begs the question...where have all the good games gone?!

Golden Eye for the 64 remains my all time favorite FPS. Nothing since, has had the same feeling. Mt friends at I spent countless hours playing multiplayer in this game, in highschool. If we are partying at a place with a good ol N64 and Goldeneye, we still sometimes fire it up.

Draax said:
Golden Eye for the 64 remains my all time favorite FPS. Nothing since, has had the same feeling. Mt friends at I spent countless hours playing multiplayer in this game, in highschool. If we are partying at a place with a good ol N64 and Goldeneye, we still sometimes fire it up.
Seconded. Having bathroom shoot outs with 3 of my best friends, all yelling at each other has to be my best gaming memory.

sgt said:
Seconded. Having bathroom shoot outs with 3 of my best friends, all yelling at each other has to be my best gaming memory.

Yup waiting for someone to jump out of those vents so you can blast them, and having someone else sneak up the stairs and take a few pot shots, letting the guy in the vents jump down and grab a gun, leads to pure chaos in the bathroom.

Those were good times. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are responsible for taking me from playing mario/zelda as a kid to playing anything I can get my hands on.

Its too bad the stick on N64 controllers weren't more robust. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but my controllers aren't very usable anymore. The sticks lost precision with age.

corran_horn314 said:
Those were good times. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are responsible for taking me from playing mario/zelda as a kid to playing anything I can get my hands on.

Its too bad the stick on N64 controllers weren't more robust. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but my controllers aren't very usable anymore. The sticks lost precision with age.

Did they ever. I remember specifically making rules to determine who got the crappy controller during a match.

Wow, definately looking foward to it, I remember my days on the N64, it was a great game. I also played the Goldeneye mod for HL1, that was fun as well.

Draax said:
Did they ever. I remember specifically making rules to determine who got the crappy controller during a match.
Hahaha, oh god yes. Good times.

Is it just me or do those screenshots look very....ordinary? Sure nothing to get a boner from...actually i think the screenies looked rather boring.

i know of one server that has the 007 temple map for source.
temple maps just owns

the ip to the server is

72.36.139.27:27015
omega clan gods of war

banGerprawN said:
Oh, dude. 100% creaminess, right there.
What do you think the chances of Perfect Dark are? I wanna see Joanna in shadow-coated HDR-ness.

That one's definitely not going to happen since they have that new PD game for xbox360

Goldeneye was ONLY fun because of its time and the fact that it was on a console. It was a blast playing people split-screen and having a good time. It was fun because the controls were great for a console. It was fun because of its time period....Making an EXACT port of Goldeneye in this day and age is a waste. Especially on PC.

Back