Gold PS4 Slim Leaks Ahead of June 9 Launch

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A little too gaudy for me (actually, I think all electronics should only be black), but those of you who don’t have a PS4 yet and want something blingy have a gold edition to look forward to this month. Based on the image, a 1 TB version is a certainty, though it is possible a 500 GB exists as well. A gold version was actually offered in 2015 for a Taco Bell competition.

According to the packaging in the picture, the gold variant will include a 1 TB hard drive, though it's unclear if this is the only option that will be made available: the standard black PS4 Slim comes in both 500 GB and 1 TB variants. Sony is yet to officially confirm the new model; GameSpot has contacted the publisher for comment. Sliye claims to work at US retailer Target, and that the color variant shows up on the store's internal systems. If the leak is true, it's unclear whether the new edition will launch worldwide or just in the US.

Gross. I'd prefer something in red. I love my GoW4 XBONE S in red. Would have loved to get one of these if it was made available in the US.

upload_2017-6-1_11-8-38.png

If you wanted something gaudy, wouldn't you want the PS4 Pro and not a normal one?

I'm sure it is just the image, but that controller is so bad 3rd party made in north korea cheap looking.

Titanium PS4 Pro or GTFO. Gold is so...Trump. This would look good next to his gold toilet.

Titanium PS4 Pro or GTFO. Gold is so...Trump. This would look good next to his gold toilet.

While I do think titanium pro would be awesome, because if I am going to buy one just going to get the pro.

Please lets not interject trump into every single unrelated thread?

a PlayStation with an 18 plus rating

gold has adult themes i guess.
The box shown by Gamespot doesn't have a rating, though. The MGSV LE I posted does have a rating because it includes a copy of MGSV in the box.

Gross. I'd prefer something in red. I love my GoW4 XBONE S in red. Would have loved to get one of these if it was made available in the US.

View attachment 26371
I live in the US, I got this version.
Lol, i ordered it from amazon france, they shipped it, it was pretty much the same price as a normal ps4. It's not region locked, so there's no issues.

I live in the US, I got this version.
Lol, i ordered it from amazon france, they shipped it, it was pretty much the same price as a normal ps4. It's not region locked, so there's no issues.

Games aren't region locked. Bluray movies are though.

This is targeted at the same demographic that think their iPhone and Macbook are status symbols. Cheap white ear buds and a gold PS4 will not make people think you are affluent.

True. I don't use it as a dvd player.
I still think it's a minor issue compared to the awesomeness of the custom skinning/custom controller.

Pretty much. I think most ppl have a separate dvd/Blu-ray player anyways, if not a whole other console they can use. What I find annoying is damn near, zero customization for the PS4 Pro. There's obviously some aftermarket skins and you can paint it yourself, that you can do. I just saw a Hatsune Miku PS4 Slim top cover, which they didn't make one for the PS4 Pro.

There is the one Limited editions Mass Effect PS4 Pro, which is in some contest and in only like 3 countries. Sony is keeping the shit plain as fuck.

Back