Going water cooled

Krilikz

Limp Gawd
Ok so now that i have saved some money from building my computer, i can now water cool it!
So since this will be my first water cooled computer i need some suggestions on parts.

I wanted to go with this koolance all in one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835127006

CPU water block
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=59_199&products_id=3677
Now i have a question about the one above. 1 is it compatible with a q6600? and would it even be worth having something like that? Personally i think it would just be some cool show and tell plus it might give me better temps.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108099

Gpu water block
Not to sure which one i should go with, it seems as if the swifttech one hits the ram so it might be better.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118027
http://www.xoxide.com/swiftech-stealth-water-block.html

Now that covers my main system which i will be overclocking. Do any of you recommend getting ram blocks, since while im overclocking all of that....why not my ram too!

Thanks for the help!

Just to let you know that Koolance has a aluminum radiator in it ,There are alot of people that say you should not mix aluminum and copper in the same watercooling system you will have corrosion problem. I run that same Koolance unit with a Danger Den copper waterblock for 7 month and have not had any problems with corrosion yet. There are some cpu water blocks that are gold plated to stop the corrosion problem

Good piece of info, thanks!

Also if any one is wondering, i will be putting my computer in a new case for this project. So depending what case i get, i might build my own water cooling kit from dangerden or something and then mod my case up a bit.

Another question that poped into my head is, What happens if the pump stop working? Is there any where on your computer where you can tell it to shut down if cpu temps go up to much?

Now i assume thats where that koolance unit comes in handy, which is nice but the unit isnt exactly what im looking for.

Another question that poped into my head is, What happens if the pump stop working? Is there any where on your computer where you can tell it to shut down if cpu temps go up to much?

Now i assume thats where that koolance unit comes in handy, which is nice but the unit isnt exactly what im looking for.

Most modern mobos have a feature where it will shut down if CPU temps get to high.

I'd avoid koolance and thermaltake gear.

You should go with something from Petras. Maybe this one will suit you just fine. If you ever decide to upgrade, you won't be limited to Koolance's parts. As for waterblocks, I suggest non full cover ones because they allow you to continue to use it for the next gen cards or other cards, instead of limiting to a certain card. If you are planning on cooling a Q6600 and a 8800GTS I suggest at least a triple rad, may even look at the Thermochill PA series (double rad at least) to cool everything down.

Hmm well this is what i was looking to do

With my case im going to have a radiator (either 2 or 3 fan one) on top, and a small 120 cm radiator on the back side of my case. The top radiator will go to a res, then pumped into the cpu then into the small radiator, then into my 8800, then back up to the big radiator.

For all of this I was looking into some of the danger den radiators but can any one explain the diffrence between gts and gtx, like is it worth the extra money for any of those?

Also pump wise what should i be looking for for this system? and world 3/8 be a good size for tubeing?

I have a Nautilis 500.......
I traded out the CPU block that came with it and put in an Apogee GTX.
I think if you dont want to fuss too much, the Nautilis could handle a CPU and GPU. It has a great pump and the radiator set-up would do well.
Although not in the same league as a triple rad combo, the all in one exterior placed Nautilis make the set-up easy and cools my Quad core nicely.
If you are worried about failure, just wire the cooling fans in the rad to the MB fan headers and sign them on to the monitoring software of the MB. If the fans fail, the alarm will go off.
My Nautilis has a pump and fan monitor header run through the Asus probe software.

Hmm well this is what i was looking to do

With my case im going to have a radiator (either 2 or 3 fan one) on top, and a small 120 cm radiator on the back side of my case. The top radiator will go to a res, then pumped into the cpu then into the small radiator, then into my 8800, then back up to the big radiator.

For all of this I was looking into some of the danger den radiators but can any one explain the diffrence between gts and gtx, like is it worth the extra money for any of those?

Also pump wise what should i be looking for for this system? and world 3/8 be a good size for tubeing?

The dd radiators are blackice radiators made by Hardware labs. The swiftech rads are better, if you have the cash you can go with a thermochill but (IMHO) it's not worth the price.

I use 3/8 tubing with a DDC. No complaints. While 1/2 tubing could be better the difference is so small you'll never notice and the 3/8 is easier to work with.

The Apogee GT is pretty much the sweet spot for quad core water cooling. The performance is just a little less than the D-tek Fuzion (or tied, depending on the review) and it costs quite a bit less. I definitely wouldn't use anything from TT or Koolance. Those companies make decent parts for their kits, but you aren't using a kit. If you are going to part the loop together, you should stick with the better brands.

Im still wondering about what radiators to buy and pump. Can any one help me out

Back