Going to buy a new laptop. Need advice please! (Europe)

xeefus

Limp Gawd
Hello. I know this is an american forum, but I found that people here know alot and are very nice.

I'm looking to buy a laptop around, 1300 euros... Going to be using it for almost everything possible, so no integrated graphics I think. For gaming that is. I just want the best possible performance for around 1300 euros (+/- 100), I was hoping for Dual Core processor. RAM size doesn't really matter since I have 2gb DDR2 SO-DIMM's here already...
Screen size kind of does matter, I don't want a 17"er. Resolution on screen does not matter really, but I want one of those with 'glare' screen! And preferably good colors and contrast... The monitor is one of the top priorities!
A DVD-Burner is a MUST! Harddrive size doesn't really matter, 60gb is the least though. 7200rpm possibility?

I've been looking at the Asus A6T for around 1100 euros. Not sure if the new Turions are good, but it certainly fits the budget and requirements...

And games I play are not too new, like Half-Life 1(Modification Sven Co-Op), Diablo 1 & 2, Warcraft 3, Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment, I'd also like to play Neverwinter Nights 2 when it's released in Europe.

Thanks in advance!

Back