• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Going red-Question about drivers

Island

Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
887
Hey fellas...Real quick...I have been an Nvidiot for the last 10 years....Going from 2 8800 gt's finally and decided to get a XFX 5870 from the Egg.....Anyways, I am a complete noob with Ati drivers...I was a pro at Nvidia and I was very anal with installs....I know about ATi and using CCC, but I have heard that it's kinda too much and can be a little of a pain....Also I hate that ATi bundles crap like wdm drivers, etc. when you download the whole software Suite. I was wondering how many of you just download the current driver and then use tools like ATT to do the tweaking. I heard that ATT and msi afterburner are good to use...Or is it just best to download the whole suite and utilize CCC? Thanks
 
There isn't really that much in the suite, there's some junk like the Lord of the Rings demo and some other garbage but the WDM, the Drivers, CCC, and the HDMI audio driver should all be installed.

I use ATI Tray Tools just because it's a better interface from the task bar and better arranged than CCC but both are okay. I have CCC, ATT, and Afterburner all installed at the same time with no problems. I like CCC's hotkey profiles.
 
Last edited:
thanks for he reply...So do u use the tweaks as well as CCC to change settings? I heard att is great becuase it fitsnicely on the task bar and makes overclocking and changing settings easier...I really only use stock settings and have the application do all the AA and AF but was wondering what was the best to use....Will ATT overide CCC settings or vice versa?
 
thanks for he reply...So do u use the tweaks as well as CCC to change settings? I heard att is great becuase it fitsnicely on the task bar and makes overclocking and changing settings easier...I really only use stock settings and have the application do all the AA and AF but was wondering what was the best to use....Will ATT overide CCC settings or vice versa?

They are complimentary, changes are universal. Change a setting on one, and it will be the same on the other - for the most part. ATT has Overdrive inside it as well. What I really like about ATT over Rivatuner and why I missed ATT when I was on green team was the auto 3D detection so that you can set it to detect when 3D activates and it will automatically load a set profile.

Going from 8800GT SLI to this will be great for you. Moving from my 8800 setup to this was a breath of fresh air. Love that it clocks down to 157mhz core/300mhz memory and 0.95v on idle.
 
Back
Top