going insane.....

one1

Weaksauce
Joined
May 18, 2002
Messages
78
I have been having numerous problems with my new case and I have no idea why. Everything worked fine in my other case except it was just too small, with not enough fans and was overheating. I had to have a box fan next to the old case...

I took the HD out, and formatted it on my other computer. I did this because I could not go into windows for whatever reason, it would just reboot itself when windows loaded. Now when I go to install windows xp, I get this error message EVERY SINGLE TIME
comp.jpg


I thought it might be the RAM or some other hardware, so I took out all but one stick of ram, my video card, hd, and cdrom. I tested my HD, and video card on a different computer and they work fine. Anyone know what is causing my frustration?:confused:
 
Oh also, I was getting the same error message before I formatted.... so I thought maybe if I formatted and just started all over it wouldn't happen... guess not :(
 
yep... memtest, and use your HD manufactures tools to test the HD (do an extended test, write zeros, whatever its called)

are you OC'd?, my comp would do that if i didnt have enough voltage when i was OCing
 
Probably a stupid question, but is it overclocked at all? Just going through the typical checklist.~
 
Back
Top