• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Going Green(er)

satriani5902

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
395
As the topic says, I want to start to conserve more energy with small steps. How can I tell how much juice my computer is using per hour? I figure the unit of measure would be Kilowatt hour.
 
power is work over time, so find the net work of your computer by calculating potential and kinetic energy, then divide that over 60.
 
You can get an estimate* with a power meter. Brands like Kill-a-watt, UPM and Watts UP are available at reasonable prices.

*Estimate since these devices are not perfect.
 
Back
Top