Going from Svideo to Component

kmanuel

Weaksauce
Before I spend $30. on ati's dvi to component adapter, I was wondering will I see a greatly improved video image? Or is it just a slight increase I would not make much of a difference.

Also, can I used regular AV cables to connect my computer (with the DVI adapter) instead of buying the expensive componet video cables? I have so much of the av cable sitting around I would like to use them. Is there a difference between the cables?

depends on your TV. If it is an HDTV, the difference is very noticable. and check the sticky up top of this forum. there is a link that can saev you $10 on that dongle for ATI.

kmanuel said:
it's a 30' phillips wide screen (no hd)

What is the native resolution of the TV and does it natively support a progressive input? My guess it is going to be better than 600x480 and can support native progressive. If so you should see a noticable improvement switching over but it may not be stellar. If you forked out the cash for the TV...a $20 experiment for potentially good improvement in PQ is worth the risk.

-tReP

I searched google and the phillips site...not joy on the resolution.

widescreen tv's pretty much have to support more then 480i dont they?

No, always check the specs first. Of course, there are probably more HD widescreen TVs than non-HD.

Back