Going from A8N-SLi Deluxe to regular?

fromage

[H]ard|Gawd
My A8N-SLi Deluxe is dead, and the warranty is voided since somehow the plastic rim around the ide connector broke off.

So I need a new motherboard, and I'm interested in the A8N-SLi regular. As far as I know, it's exactly the same as the Deluxe except it doesn't have the Silicon Image SATA controller. What else is different?

not much difference between deluxe and standard.not 2 lans and the si controller are missing.ive built 2 systems with the standard a8n sli and they were great motherboards.the customers that have them just love them.the whole a8n series of boards are good mature boards but it seems the deluxe had some issues.i used 1 in a build and so far its been solid.the a8n-e in my opinion has got to be the best non sli board out.ive gone through 3 other brands of ultra boards and by far the asus is the best out there.alot of my customers didnt want sli so i tryed 4 different ultra boards,abit,gigabyte,msi,and asus.hands down the asus is head and shoulders better than the other brands.the only other one id like to try is the biostar tforce ultra and the tforce sli board.they seem to be very good boards and o/clock very well.the asus a8n sli has a good layout and are very very stable.they do medium o/clocking well too and there stable while o/clocked.
if o/clocking is your prime mission then the dfi boards are where you need to be but the additional 50-100 mhz that you spend days to achieve and all the specific hardware you need to just run stable is just not worth it to me.plus with the new expert model out,its killing cpus and has a ton of compatability problems.its a shame cause i like the expert and was hoping to get one but it looks to be a problem board.great layout just to bad it dosent work well.

Overclocking isn't really that important for me. All I really want is the ability to use SLi in the future.

Chances are, I probably won't be overclocking.

Back