Going crazy! How to remove icon drop shadow?

mac451

n00b
Someone please help me. All of a sudden one day my icons all got white drop shadows. I want them removed and have tryed all the fixes possible and they still wont go away. Its not that big of a deal, but for some reason its driving me crazy. Any ideas?

control panel > system icon > advance tab > click "settings" in the "performance" section > you should now see a new window named "performance options" with the tab "visual effects" selected. now scroll all the way down and you should see the shadow aoption.

Yea definatly tryed that a couple of times. Use drop shadows is unchecked, but they are still there. Also the items are not locked on the desktop. Thanks for the try though, any other suggestions? I really need to get rid of them.

Use System Restore to roll the system back to before it happened?

change desktop background color display properties
desktop
color

Yea but what color would I change it to? Its not like its got a clear color or anything. I need a way to get no drop shadows at all

haev you installed any new programs recently..like windowblinds or something..are you running a theme?

No I havent installed any programs like that. I checked my theme and it said I was using a customized one. So I tryed the basic Windows XP one, and tryed to recostimize it, but still no luck. This is probably so easy to fix, but I dont know what else to do.

rightclick desktop > properties > desktop > customize > uncheck all the "view as webpage"

Holy crap it worked. Thanks a lot for all the help, that was a lot more complicated than it needed to be.

Back