• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GoDaddy - 1&1 - Ipowerweb Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
935
I'm just looking to transfer a new client's site to a different host. They want something relatively cheap but with a nice feature set (~9.99/month) I've always used ipowerweb.

Can anyone post some pro/con's experience with godaddy or 1&1?

I need something that will be easy for me to transfer the domain name and relatively hassle free.

The main issue is that their original site designer is aloof and need someone to update it/take control of it. My only issue is I HAVE to get in contact with this person in order to transfer the domain name, as it has not expired and I need to get them to unlock it.

thanks
 
I'm with 1&1, but not for a large-scale website. So far I've nothing to complain about. I have the Home package, which is 100GB and 2 domains, free private registration, for $4.99. It's dirt-cheap and they have wonderful web tools, and even videos showing how to use them and such.

But you have a real, high-traffic website it seems, so I can't speak from that standpoint. If you Google about 1&1, you'll likely find complaints about servers going down and such. I don't know if it's different now, but I read about them not having overnight techs, which contributed to their low prices. Maybe it's different now.

And maybe someone who has a large website on 1&1 will post as well.
 
Stay away from Ipowerweb. Search www.webhostingtalk.com for feedback on all of them. GoDaddy and 1&1 get a few negative reviews, but I haven't had a problem with either one of them. But Ipowerweb is the scum of the internet.
 
BBowermaster said:
Stay away from Ipowerweb. Search www.webhostingtalk.com for feedback on all of them. GoDaddy and 1&1 get a few negative reviews, but I haven't had a problem with either one of them. But Ipowerweb is the scum of the internet.
lol. ive NEVER had a problem with Ipowerweb!
 
And so it begins, "stay away from" "never had a problem" . . . *lock*
 
ipowerweb is one of those companies who advertise large bandwidth, then when you get close to that amount, shut your site down for TOS violations. They also set up several fake 'web host review' sites and put themselves as number 1, or they'll pay less legit sites to give them good reviews. Its widely known to those who visit webhostingtalk and who have researched web hosting. Thats why most people don't trust hosting sites. Thats why webhostingtalk makes people post a url, length with company, and other details with reviews, to prevent companies from advertising and uptalking their services through phony reviews.
 
I had several sites hosted through 1&1 and their support is very slow to respond, and if you ask 2 questions you only get the first one anwered. That gets kind of annoying. They do have some nice features. But the problem that I had was when I needed more databases and they wanted to move me from th ~$10 a month plan to a $70 a month plan. I don't think they are "scaleable". I have since moved to FremontHost.com and their support is excellent. Usually I have an answer within 2 hours of submitting a ticket. They are very helpful and understanding. Some of the reseller features are new to me and they have put up with me thus far. I hope it stays that way....

Hope this helps.
 
Axeldoomeyer said:
I had several sites hosted through 1&1 and their support is very slow to respond
Not the case for me. I asked a question a few days ago more towards evening and had a response the next afternoon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top