God of War 3 remastered button mashing

Motley

2[H]4U
I just got God of War 3 remastered. It was on sale on Sony store for my PS4 Pro.

I never played any God of War games, and I always wanted to. So I get it yesterday.

WTF is with the button mashing, and requiring certain sequemces. Tapping the O really fast. Then I ran into the tapping R1 and L1 repeatedly. I tried it and failed at least a dozen times and can't figure it out.

I hate the game!

I just requested a refund from Sony.

There are different types of attacks and you can chain attacks together and perform special moves to take out large groups of enemies. You can perform quick time events so you can rip enemies apart and perform other finishers... best part of the game.

Here's a site showing the controls.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/God_of_War_III/Controls

I just got God of War 3 remastered. It was on sale on Sony store for my PS4 Pro.

I never played any God of War games, and I always wanted to. So I get it yesterday.

WTF is with the button mashing, and requiring certain sequemces. Tapping the O really fast. Then I ran into the tapping R1 and L1 repeatedly. I tried it and failed at least a dozen times and can't figure it out.

I hate the game!

God of War is the pioneer of QTE.

I'm glad QTE is a dying breed. That shit got old quick.

I loved the first one, second one was a bit masochist in it's difficulty, the third one was back on the right track.

Yes there are quick time events, but the game is like a dance --- as cheesy as that sounds. It's a bit like mortal combat in an adventure world. You can learn, and chain combos and ultimately feel very strong. If you button mash - you aren't going to like it because it will be far to difficult. Learn the controls. The game is worth it. There's a reason why it is one of the most highly praised game series ever.

I hate the game!

I also cannot figure out why people like these games, or are content mashing random buttons in a proper sequence. I moved beyond games like this when I was a kid with an electronic Simon.

I also cannot figure out why people like these games, or are content mashing random buttons in a proper sequence. I moved beyond games like this when I was a kid with an electronic Simon.

Because it's satisfying when the combos work, and figuring out what you need to do to beat the next enemy char. You can't beat all chars with button mashing, you can't beat every character with the same
"best" combo. It's a satisfying story, it's satisfying control and camera, it's satisfying depth, there's RPG elements to it in the sense that you can customize to some degree your character and weapon/power upgrades.

What type of control aspect do you prefer?

I am not a fan of QTE's, but as other have said GoW games are all about QTE's, they become rewarding when completed.

Because it's satisfying when the combos work, and figuring out what you need to do to beat the next enemy char. You can't beat all chars with button mashing, you can't beat every character with the same
"best" combo. It's a satisfying story, it's satisfying control and camera, it's satisfying depth, there's RPG elements to it in the sense that you can customize to some degree your character and weapon/power upgrades.

What type of control aspect do you prefer?

I found it extremely tedious. I prefer controls that don't require memorization and force me to do a fight a certain way or I lose. Also don't like any game that forces me to watch cut scenes over and over again if I fail and have to redo it. If a game feels like it's on rails, I lose interest quickly. Probably due to my age and the fact that I've been gaming over 30 years, I often get a "been there, done that" feeling when playing a linear game.

GOW must appeal to a lot of people because it sells really well, so it's obviously got a lot of fans.

I found it extremely tedious. I prefer controls that don't require memorization and force me to do a fight a certain way or I lose. Also don't like any game that forces me to watch cut scenes over and over again if I fail and have to redo it. If a game feels like it's on rails, I lose interest quickly. Probably due to my age and the fact that I've been gaming over 30 years, I often get a "been there, done that" feeling when playing a linear game.

GOW must appeal to a lot of people because it sells really well, so it's obviously got a lot of fans.

The series takes a bit to get into. I played the first one like 5 years after it came out on the PS3 when it was re-released. I about gave up before the first level because I thought the exact same thing you did. Thank goodness I went back later and tried it again, because it's probably my single favorite series now. Maybe either this or Gears of War.

I'm a long time PC gamer too and don't like games on rails --- but to say this game is on rails is to indicate you haven't really given it much of a shot. It's not. It's an adventure game - with a story - so sure there's a path you follow. (like every adventure game ever made) --- but it's not on rails per say. How far did you get into it so far?

I really liked the game actually some guy at work like 8 years ago was really pumped up about the game so I gave it a shot and finished it. The new God of War 4 should be great when it comes out late 2017

I am not a fan of QTE's, but as other have said GoW games are all about QTE's, they become rewarding when completed.
It depends. It's always been well done in God of War, in my opinion, while it was a totally unnecessary feature in Resident Evil 4 and Tomb Raider.

Back