God of War 2 getting insane reviews!

I don't know about Game of the Year, it's going to face some stiff competition and it seems like a lot of times most publications seem to forget about the games that released earlier in the year. There are about 10 games I can think giving it a run for it's money this year. I loved the first one though, and this will probably be the last game I pick up for my PS2.

One thing is certain, this is going to be one hell of a year for gaming, on all fronts.

Definately potential for GOTY, atleast last gen GOTY for sure. Can't wait to play this. Only one more month. :)

I might take off work March 13th:eek:
Here's some linkage for ya
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932295.asp
looks like another "Game of the Year"

Probably Ps2 game of the year, but I doubt it will be game of the year as thiers way to many good games coming out this year, like Halo 3, Smash Brothers: Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxys, Metal Gear Solid 4, Unreal Tournament 3, Crysis, Project Offset, Supreme Comander, Two Worlds and Assasin's Creed.

Probably Ps2 game of the year, but I doubt it will be game of the year as thiers way to many good games coming out this year, like Halo 3, Smash Brothers: Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxys, Metal Gear Solid 4, Unreal Tournament 3, Crysis, Project Offset, Supreme Comander, Two Worlds and Assasin's Creed.

It's a contender, you can't deny that.
The original some people called the best game ever on the PS2, that's a console with hundreds upon hundreds of titles.

When places like IGN say stuff like this, it's cause to take notice:
If you don't own a PS2, find someone who does and sit yourself down in front of their TV for 12 or so hours as you'll otherwise be missing out on one of gaming's most intense and engaging experiences available.

It's a contender, you can't deny that.
The original some people called the best game ever on the PS2, that's a console with hundreds upon hundreds of titles.

When places like IGN say stuff like this, it's cause to take notice:
If you don't own a PS2, find someone who does and sit yourself down in front of their TV for 12 or so hours as you'll otherwise be missing out on one of gaming's most intense and engaging experiences available.

Yep, I agree, I'll probably pick it up if I get a ps3, or can find a ps2 for the cheap, sounds like a great game and as I haven't played God of War 1 or any other ps2 titles I might possibly be able to get some other greats I missed out on.

Glad to read the reviews, but I expected as much. I consider the first game to be the best title available on the PS2. I would have called it game of the year in 2005 if RE4 didn't squeak by into January that year. I gave my sister my old PS2 so I can buy one of the newer models in time for GoW II next month.

I think it would have been one of the most shocking moments in gaming history if GoW2 wasn't a great game. I'm just somewhat shocked that sony didn't try to give this game the nintendo twighlight princess treatment: throw some more textures in there, bump it to 720p with a little polish, and release it as a PS3 game. Might have helped with ps3's somewhat slower launch and give all those ps2 players a reason to consider upgrading.

Yeah, like Devil May Cry 2 :eek: :confused: DMC2 still stands as my greatest disappointment in video games.

Yeah exactly...who expected that dmc2 would be so poor? It's nice in gaming in general that a sequel has much more expected of it, as opposed to the crap that hollywood puts out for sequels, where "better than the original" is the exception rather than the rule.

I just started playing GoW I....oh man. Component + Pro Scan = such win. Sure you see the aliasing some more, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the best looking "last-gen" games, and insanely fun to boot.

Wanton killing and gore, ancient Greek style.

Oh! And laughing at your friends when they can't even pleasure a woman in the mini-games...pretty much the highlight of any college day.

^^Agreed. GOW is amazing definantly worth the 20 bucks it will cost you to get it.

god of war is a great game. but when you look at 07' , they are many great game. for example crysis, (just kidding, cause its a ea game).
ureal tournament, halo, and next bioshock.

i thought that after FFXII i wouldnt be buyin any more PS2 games....but then this comes along ><

god of war is a great game. but when you look at 07' , they are many great game. for example crysis, (just kidding, cause its a ea game).
ureal tournament, halo, and next bioshock.

Unreal Tournament I can see but the rest, nah. (Besides I am not a Halo fan)

Oh and since I get off work at 2 I took March 14th off. Can't believe I took off work to play a game but damn I love GOW.

First one was great, can't wait to play the second one.

Kinda wish there was a co-op mode :)

Back