• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

God I hate this board!!!!!

Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
738
Can't overclock this POS GigaByte GA-K8N-Pro-SLI Motherboard. I know how to get into the bios for overclocking but I can't set my fsb higher than 200mhz? Why can't this be done easily, might as well just sell this board and get one that will overclock easy with no hassles. Please help me in this. Thanks
 
computerdude said:
Can't overclock this POS GigaByte GA-K8N-Pro-SLI Motherboard. I know how to get into the bios for overclocking but I can't set my fsb higher than 200mhz?
I think you have to do a keystroke combo in the BIOS to make that thing available. Someone enlighten here.

computerdude said:
might as well just sell this board and get one that will overclock easy with no hassles. Please help me in this. Thanks
I like this idea better. Get the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium.
 
sac_tagg said:
I think you have to do a keystroke combo in the BIOS to make that thing available. Someone enlighten here.


I like this idea better. Get the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium.

That didn't help.....:(

Why can't I go over 200mhz CPU clock? I tried all kinds of settings but as long as it is over 200mhz FSB can't overclock....:(
 
Are you using the + and - keys to increase it?



The way my gigabyte mobo works, it "adds" overclock to the base value of 200.

Meaning if I set it to "45" the computer will try and boot up w/ 245HTT

Are you sure you arent trying to boot with a 400HTT? :D
 
Thanks for all replies but I uninstalled the Gigabyte SLI and instaled the EVGA SLI and it overclocked with ease like a board is supposed to. :D
 
computerdude said:
Thanks for all replies but I uninstalled the Gigabyte SLI and instaled the EVGA SLI and it overclocked with ease like a board is supposed to. :D

What did I say?
;)
 
computerdude said:
Can't overclock this POS GigaByte GA-K8N-Pro-SLI Motherboard. I know how to get into the bios for overclocking but I can't set my fsb higher than 200mhz? Why can't this be done easily, might as well just sell this board and get one that will overclock easy with no hassles. Please help me in this. Thanks
you hate a mobo that works? you hate it cause it cant overclock like you want it?
did you ask in this forum which mobo would give you the overclock you want?

soulsaver_8229
 
Back
Top