god fedora core 2 test 1 is getting on my nerves

xbreaka

Gawd
ERRR
TO ALL USERS DONT GET FEDORA CORE 2 TEST 1

I'm gonna upgrade to redhat version 9 tommorow, as fedora is gettin on my friggin nerves.

this is a prob a dumb question, is there any way i can play like bf1942, day of defeat and stuff on my linux os, cus if i cant ill be forced to go back to windows and if im forced to go back ill shoot myself.

Originally posted by xbreaka
this is a prob a dumb question, is there any way i can play like bf1942, day of defeat and stuff on my linux os, cus if i cant ill be forced to go back to windows and if im forced to go back ill shoot myself.

Yes. WineX. It MIGHT work, but probably not. Sometimes games have native Linux clients, but not always. Neverwinter nights has a Linux client, for example :)

Why are you using a TEST release for an everyday machine. It was never intended for regular use. It's for people who like testing new things. If you want a stable OS, choose Fedora Core 1.

is core 1 b etter than redhat 9

It depends on what you want.

Are you the kind of person that likes to install and test new applications? If so, Fedora Core changes quite a few very important system libraries to be more compatible.

If you plan on installing once, and not really installing many new apps, then you might prefer RedHat 9.0, as it has been out awhile longer. (It might be marginally more stable, but not necessarily.)

If you are planning on doing any development work, you'll want to use the more recent distro. FC1 has the more recent libraries and compiler(s).

well i just wanna be able to play like bf1942,half-life+mods and maybe occasionaly starcraft, which i hear i can do easily with some wine

well i just wanna be able to play like bf1942,half-life+mods and maybe occasionaly starcraft, which i hear i can do easily with some wine

Then you're probably best off with the most recent STABLE release... bugs are often fixed in newer versions, and developers will be looking to newer distros when they release ports.

Back