• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Go for Google

ChingChang said:
Then people would probably complain how google toolbar is using 10% usage when idle...

or was the folding part a different process? Was there even a process for google toolbar?
Process will only show up in the Explorer process I believe...
 
sharp said:
Hey! where's our update? :D

OK, here's an update as of 9/25/2006...

Points for the [H]orde to overtake Google: 104,148,070
Estimated days to intercept: 185 (March 28, 2007)

Fold on!

 
We're within 100,000,000 of passing Google. :D

Points differential as of 10/4/2006: 98,526,780
Estimated days to intercept: 164 (3/17/06)

Fold on [H]orde!

 
Celerator said:
We're within 100,000,000 of passing Google. :D

Points differential as of 10/4/2006: 98,526,780
Estimated days to intercept: 164 (3/17/06)

Fold on [H]orde!

GPU are helping on this matter :)
 
I wish that were so in my case. I have to say my PPD is down a bit with all the dorking around.
 
Hito Bahadur said:
I wish that were so in my case. I have to say my PPD is down a bit with all the dorking around.
short term losses to improve long-term performance :)
 
93,689,627 points to go!

Our current ppd advantage is 556,992 ppd.

Time to overtake: 168 days
 
We are going to surpass Google...

Points to pass Google (as of 10/22/2006) = 88,561,020.

Estimated days to intercept = 154 (March 24, 2007).

Fold on!

 
Here's another update on our progress in surpassing Google.

Points to pass Google = 84,434,590.

Estimated day to intercept =140 (March 18, 2006).

Fold on [H]orde!

 
Update on our passing Google...

Points to go: 81,276,260.

Estimated days to intercept: 131 (March 14, 2007).

Fold on [H]orde!

 
Hito Bahadur said:
I wish that were so in my case. I have to say my PPD is down a bit with all the dorking around.

yea, but the contribution to GPU you made, will all come back to you :)
 
Time for another Go Get Google update:

Points to overtake Google: 74,848,550
Estimated Days to intercept: 121 (March 14th, 2007)

So, with under 75 million points to go, and the [H]orde continuing to grow, the countdown continues...

Fold on!

 
Time for another Go Get Google Update...

Points to overtake Google: 64,462,400
Estimates Days to Intercept: 122 (April 3, 2007)

We're catching up on points :) but our pass date is lengthening :( .

Time to recruit, borg, and expand our gardens.

Fold On!

 
Well I think we all know we are going to cream google but I think we should go for default :D . Only a 538740984 point and 6633903 work unit gap. According to the stats at Extremeoverclocking we would have to boost our weekly production by about 1.7 million points. I think we can do it. :cool:

 
smileyscout said:
Well I think we all know we are going to cream google but I think we should go for default :D . Only a 538740984 point and 6633903 work unit gap. According to the stats at Extremeoverclocking we would have to boost our weekly production by about 1.7 million points. I think we can do it. :cool:

How awesome would that be?
 
At last, under 120 days!!! :)

Points to overtake = 61,166,630
Estimated days to intercept = 119 (April 6, 2007)

Fold on, get Google.

 
Celerator said:
At last, under 120 days!!! :)

Points to overtake = 61,166,630
Estimated days to intercept = 119 (April 6, 2007)

Fold on, get Google.



gonna lay the smack down on the google... uh! take that, g!
 
Now we're cookin! Under 60M :D

Points to overtake Google: 59,900,570.

Estimated days to intercept: 105 (March 25, 2007).

More 5Kppd boxen!

 
Under 100 days and gaining... :cool:

Points to overtake Google: 56,708,860.

Estimated days to intercept: 97 (March 22, 2007).

Fold on!

 
You know, some of us are VERY excited to pass Google in hopes of Google saying "()@&#$??? Huh. ..looks like our new-toolbar-of-folding beta is back out" :D and even more work getting done.. it can't be long before Stanford is able to handle the added WU, or they wouldn't release the PS3 and GPU clients. I do want past them first, for the screenshot that shall hang on my wall.
 
Time for another Go Get Google update.

Points to overtake Google: 49,813,920.

Estimated days to intercept: 112.(April 21, 2007).


So, we are now under 50 million points difference, which is good. :D
But, our days to glory are actually expanding! :(

We were doing better with Marty and Zim on board...

Fold on Mighty [H]orde.

 
Tim Wardlaw said:
damn, too bad i couldn't use our 10,000 ish nightly idle machines on our network... :D

If you haven't yet asked, you could suggest an experiment to the person with the authority to give the OK. Perhaps a small experiment using the console client on 1% of the boxen to start, with a comparable Control Group of boxen left as is. :) Monitor user issues, monitor problems, and track the contribution. Could make a nice article in the company newsletter... ;)

Fold On!

 
Time for another Go Get Google update.

Points to overtake Google: 43,289,800.

Estimated days to intercept: 91.(April 14, 2007).

Three months!

Fold on Mighty [H]orde.

 
Go Get Google update.

Points to overtake Google: 37,241,150.

Estimated days to intercept: 81.(April 18, 2007).


Fold on Mighty [H]orde.



 
WOW!!! I mean WOW!!! If (when) we overtake them, does that put us as number 0 on the list?:eek:
 
^ We're slowing down because everyone running SMP clients went WU-less for a day or so, thats a lot of points if you think about it.
 
I am throwing everything I can find at it..added ~40Ghz this week and boosted my points output about 1-1.5K a day it seems. I dont run the SMP client but on 2 boxes (amazingly both macs) and the only problems I am having is that I keep getting 3302 proteins that box explode after wasting 6 or 7 hours on a pretty regular basis.....



 
Back
Top